Jeremy Mayfield

ADLER

You're a fool if you don't think that poor support for sports other than football isn't a factor in why no other conferences want us.

True, but why is there that lack of support?

It's always easy to blame the customers, but that's not where the fault lies. The product on the court has historically been patheticly substandard and the marketing and promotions for the product have been nearly non-existant.

Hopefully both those factors will change dramatically within the next two years.

Guest e-bone

It's always easy to blame the customers, but that's not where the fault lies. The product on the court has historically been patheticly substandard and the marketing and promotions for the product have been nearly non-existant.

Hopefully both those factors will change dramatically within the next two years.

I agree that those are all very significant factors into why the average student or alumni doesn't support basketball, and I am quite fed up with all of the reasons you listed. Same excuse for people on this board, which is supposedly made up of the most die hard Mean Green fans in all the land? Not so sure about that.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Same excuse for people on this board, which is supposedly made up of the most die hard Mean Green fans in all the land? Not so sure about that.

Now I am confused. The people on this board are pathetically substandard and we fail to promote? Not sure where you meant to go with that statement.

Guest e-bone

Now I am confused.  The people on this board are pathetically substandard and we fail to promote?  Not sure where you meant to go with that statement.

I was agreeing that those reasons are why the average student and alumni don't support basketball. But those same reasons cannot be used for excuses for why people on this board don't support basketball since everyone here seems to think they are such die hard Mean Green fans.

If only we had more posters. Posters are the key. Triple the poster budget! Kids love posters!!!!

You're a fool if you don't think that poor support for sports other than football isn't a factor in why no other conferences want us.

I agree, but as Adler stated, the bball product has been poor for years. I went to a couple of games recently and the poor coaching was extremely frustrating to me. I would love to see the bball program turn it around, and maybe JJ finally has the team to do that. Then again, his in game coaching decisions have left something to be desired.

Guest e-bone

I agree, but as Adler stated, the bball product has been poor for years.  I went to a couple of games recently and the poor coaching was extremely frustrating to me.  I would love to see the bball program turn it around, and maybe JJ finally has the team to do that.  Then again, his in game coaching decisions have left something to be desired.

I'm not disagreeing, but there a lot of people on this board who were supportive of football when it was poor for years. Of all people, I would think that they would realize the need to support a sport such as basketball even when it isn't nearly as competitive as it should be.