Rating NT in the Belt

GrandGreen

Guest JohnDenver

...and it is ridiculous to say that our winning four straight years hasn't helped our recruiting. The *main* reason we lost last year was our QB play. Our QB play was hurt by factors outside recruiting... UT doesn't even have a fourth string QB that is ready to step up and start.

1) Scott Hall graduates.

2) Andrew Smith dies.

3) Byerly fails out of school (wouldn't it be nice to not have academic enforcement? wink.gif )

4) Meager hurts himself in spring practice and has shoulder surgery

5) Matt Phillips walks on to team after some good success in 4A football.

I don't see your recruiting argument. Even top teams don't have 5 levels deep of quality talent. We have recruited a QB that was recruited by Arkansas out of high school to play for them at QB. Now they have the top QB in the nation joining their team and wanted him to switch to DB. He wants to play QB, therefore he is getting that chance here. I think that is a pretty good recruit.

Crap happens and everyone has an off season.

Not to mention all your "talent" that was recruited after your bowl game appearance have yet to take the field. You are counting your chickens before they hatch. I seriously doubt all your players run a 4.2-4.4 like you have stated many times already.

Edited by JohnDenver

find where i said they ran 4.2 and 4.4 forties. i am not dogging NT. if you read my last post i said i hope NT has a good year so we would have a chance to really judge our talent. who better to judge your talent against in the SUNBELT than a good NT team. I want NT to be good so the SUNBELT can take a step up. We need a good ULL, TROY, ASU, and NT team to boost our conferense. these 4 teams need to win OOC against the WAC, MAC, and CONF USA teams so we won't be the laughter on there boards and the D1AA division. lets get this thing rolling and kick some @ss this year and take no prisoners. cool.gif

Well crap. With posts like this, how are we supposed to trash talk or bad-mouth ASU?! smile.gif

find where i said they ran 4.2 and 4.4 forties. i am not dogging NT. if you read my last post i said i hope NT has a good year so we would have a chance to really judge our talent. who better to judge your talent against in the SUNBELT than a good NT team. I want NT to be good so the SUNBELT can take a step up. We need a good ULL, TROY, ASU, and NT team to boost our conferense. these 4 teams need to win OOC against the WAC, MAC, and CONF USA teams so we won't be the laughter on there boards and the D1AA division. lets get this thing rolling and kick some @ss this year and take no prisoners. cool.gif

I've gotta say--good post. smile.gif I think this year will be a turning point--one way or another--for the UNT football program. We'll see where it all leads.

find where i said they ran 4.2 and 4.4 forties.

it wasnt you who said it, it was Seminole Indian a few weeks back:

I mentioned Reggie Arnold (5’10, 215, 4.38, he lost weight to play TB) and he ran the 4.38 when he weighed 220+ lbs at the FCA combine in Little Rock, also add FS's Evan Van Dolah (6'2, 200, 4.34, All-Arkansas, called ‘super-fast player’) and Marcus Brown (6’1, 180, 4.24, timed at U of A’s Football Camp, 16th ranked prospect in Arkansas, 2 time All State) that have made the preseason two-deep. Add prop DE Jeremy Wallace (6’5, 230, 4.5, #6th Rank Prospect in Arkansas) and LB Gregory Hardey (5’10, 220, 4.5, his Classifications Tennessee Defense player of the year) and WR Jarrier Norman (5’10”, 170, 2005 state champ (Texas) in 100- and 200-meter dash), DB Daylen Walker (5’10, 170, 4.4,three-time all-state football and track) and DB L.J. Williams (5.8, 176, 4.4) and WR Travis Jones (6’, 170, 4.5, 23.47 200 meter).