OK, how about a little trivia ?

MeanGreen61

1. North Texas joined the Missouri Valley Conference in 1957. What current Big XII team left the MVC with the 1956 season after being a member for 28 years?

Hint: The North Texas game vs this team counted as a MVC conference game in 1957.

2. What BCS conference (current membership) does North Texas have a winning record against in games played?

Edited by MeanGreen61

I love trivia, and do not want to downplay the past, but isn't it sad that our programs are so down that we must go back to the past for any degree of pride? Perhaps I am overstating this, but we just aren't very good right now in any high profile sport. Ok, maybe women's bb.

--- The forced movement of us to I-A (1978?) was a huge blow to our sports program. Plus that would not have happened if "SMUt" had not led the fight to keep us out of the SWC and convinced TCU and Baylor to vote with them. Houston had been admitted in 1976 and Texas and Arkansas wanted to expand the SWC to 10 teams like the Big-10 and Pac-10 which was admitting Arizona and Arizona State in from the WAC. The other six teams voted for us and if remember right --however we needed 7 "for" votes.

----This explains my "signature". Any year that we soundly defeat SMU is a successful year, even if we lose all the other games.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66