Is it just me?

marc_moffitt

Is it just me, or does it seem like our athletic programs are having a series of "off the field/court issues" that are bothering some of our key athletes, and programs??

Maybe I havn't paid much attention to it in the past, but it seems like this year has had a considerable amount of off the field issues ranging from personal issues to academic issues.

Is this just a cycle that we are going through? Or is it just that the issues havn't been reported in the past?

In a way, these things can be good, it does illustrate to players that when they are affected by these off the field issues, that they will not be tolerated and that they are expected to continue to be a valuable team member.

I'm not an expert dry.gif

What do you think??

The difference in basketball and football is that Johnny takes care of the problem quickly and fairly. Michael Sturns was perhaps the most athletically gifted kid on the team. I'm sure it was a tough decision to dismiss him. However, Johnny did the same thing last year with Ty Thomas and Ron??? can't think of the last name.

The minute they started whining about minutes they were gone. He doesn't put up with discipline problems. Either they straighten up, or he gets rid of them.

The difference in basketball and football is that Johnny takes care of the problem quickly and fairly.  Michael Sturns was perhaps the most athletically gifted kid on the team.  I'm sure it was a tough decision to dismiss him.  However, Johnny did the same thing last year with Ty Thomas and Ron??? can't think of the last name.

The minute they started whining about minutes they were gone.  He doesn't put up with discipline problems.  Either they straighten up, or he gets rid of them.

Ron Harris