Our 2006 schedule is pretty much done

stebo

This is the preliminary from Howell, remember that we are allowed 12 games next year - we might choose not to play that 12th game, I believe that it is just something optional... In order to go to a bowl, you need a winning record so 6 wins with an 11 game schedule will get you an invite - but 6 wins with a 12 game schedule makes you ineligible. Maybe we will choose to just play 11? Looks like we have the 9/23 date open (looking at ASU's schedule - they play SMU in Dallas that weekend, if that date stays open for us - I will have to be an Indian fan for the day!)... We also have 10/14 open as well as the first week of December.

North Texas (Sun Belt)

9/2 Sat @ Texas

9/9 Sat vs. Southern Methodist

9/16 Sat @ Tulsa

9/30 Sat vs. *Middle Tennessee State

10/7 Sat @ *Troy

10/21 Sat vs. *Florida International

10/28 Sat vs. Louisiana Tech

11/4 Sat @ *Louisiana-Monroe

11/11 Sat @ *Louisiana-Lafayette

11/18 Sat vs. *Florida Atlantic

11/25 Sat @ *Arkansas State

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/sked2006.htm

All and all, this schedule - if it stays this way - is a VERY atractive schedule for the Mean Green fans. Only one stretch of 2 games on the road and only 2 home games in a row. The bye comes at the right time - it will either be on 9/23 or 10/14.. I am going to assume that we are trying to get a 12th game for that 9/23 slot... hopefully we can start another series with someone like Rice or Houston.

Why does the Sun Belt have us hosting both Florida teams and visiting both Louisiana teams? That doesn't seem to smart to me. I would think to have one at home and one on the road. Is the Sun Belt that hard to schedule?

Why does the Sun Belt have us hosting both Florida teams and visiting both Louisiana teams?  That doesn't seem to smart to me.  I would think to have one at home and one on the road.  Is the Sun Belt that hard to schedule?

I dont know, but with the exception of troy, all of our games are within driving distance. this is a good schedule for us. We'll see what the 12th game ends up being... I think it will be another money game though

Unless they have changed the rules to bowl eligability you can still get in at 6-6 with a 12 game schedule. 2003 was the last year that teams were allowed a 12 game schedule and their were several teams that went to a bowl game with a record of 6-6. I would like to see us play a 12th game, if they can't get a division IA opponent to come to Fouts, I say just play a money game. The going rate is pretty good for one of them right now, and we have "winnable" games on our OOC minus UT.

Why does the Sun Belt have us hosting both Florida teams and visiting both Louisiana teams?  That doesn't seem to smart to me.  I would think to have one at home and one on the road.  Is the Sun Belt that hard to schedule?

There were some issues getting the 2005 schedule together and 2006 just reverses that.

I've been told that we go on a new cycle in 2007 and that no one will travel to both Florida schools in the same year and only one will ever have to travel to both Louisiana schools the same year.

I dont know, but with the exception of troy, all of our games are within driving distance. this is a good schedule for us. We'll see what the 12th game ends up being... I think it will be another money game though

From last years point of view, it looks better getting blown out by LSU with a large pay day than tulsa.

I really thought that if we had some of our previous teams that went to the NO bowl that we might of had a shot at a 10 win record with the schedule we had last year.

This year seems no different. Besides the UT game, I think any decent coach should be competitive in every game with our team resulting in a good winning percentage.

I personally am really excited about this schedule because I can go to EVERY single away game this year (so far). Last year I could only make the LA Tech game because there were home soccer games the morning after all the rest of the football away games that I would not have made it back in time to work at. This year there are NO Sunday soccer games the mornings after football away games if this football schedule doesn't change!