Big Buzz for North Texas

Eagle-96

http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/

Big Buzz for North Texas

Brett Vito, who covers North Texas for the Denton Record-Chronicle, passed along an interesting note: Kimball defensive end Robert Williams is expected to visit North Texas this weekend.

Getting Williams would be a major coup for North Texas. Williams is one of the top four or five defensive end prospects in the area. He has been offered by Washington State, Iowa State and UTEP. So North Texas gives Williams an option close to home.

believe he wants to play Basketball also, hopefully DD and JJ will accomodate him as he would be a huge signing for us and also give shove into the upper echelon of DISD talent

There is precedent here. My favorite NT player ever was a two sports athlete (for a while anyway). AWASWOM IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

There is precedent here.  My favorite NT player ever was a two sports athlete (for a while anyway).  AWASWOM IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

He was there last night. Announced him as "former Mean Green great and current NY Giant Adrian Awasom"

That is correct that is a violation..no contact..of couse that happens on almost every visit to every college by almost every recruit, but it is against the rules.

Now---would it still be against the rules if they happened to meet in a video room, and watched a couple of quick films of AA destroying offesive lineman as well as dunking on muts.

I don't know if this was the kid, but there was a guy at tonights basketball game that sat next to me that introduced himself as Robert and I could have sworn he said Willams to Coach Evans but I could be mistaken on the last name. It may not be the same guy as this kid was a little over 6 foot but looked more like a WR/DB prospect. I didn't stand up next to him but I would say he was between 6' and 6'2" and around 190 lbs. I did notice Coach Evans went really quick past him, possibly some recruiting rule, and told him he would be able to talk to him more tomorrow. Anyone know why this would be? Rules about official visits?