TxState Game

EagleD

I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet. Let me set the scene for you. After trailing most of the game TxState was able to take the lead in the second half by making halftime adjustments. Northen Iowa tied the game with a little over 1 minute remaining. TxState had all 3 timeouts and a stud for a QB. Rather than try to move the ball downfield (which they had done easily in the second half) the coach made the decision to down the ball and try to win in OT. The TV crew kept panning the crowd who was stunned in disbelief that they weren't at least TRYING to win in regulation. The best shot was of a student who clearly said, "What the &$%# are you doing?" I could feel his pain as I've been down that road all too often. Over a minute left and all three timeouts and they downed the ball! They played not to lose, which of course they did. It was a great game and the coach made a decision that took the momentum out of his teams hands and just gift wrapped it to the opposition.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!

Yeah, I knew it was over a minute, but wasn't exactly sure how much time was left. 1:37 is plenty of time especially with 3 time outs, their stud QB and momentum. What a shame!

The coaching staff just gave up. Kind of like NT against Baylor a few years back. The cameras could have panned that crowd and I would have been the one in disbelief.

GO MEAN GREEN

It was very apparent why both coaches were not in the I-A ranks after watching that game, not just TSU's.

I too questioned the call to kneel on it like everyone else. But to fill you in, TxSt's coach, David Bailiff was the defensive coordinator for TCU when they had their near BCS crash party 3 years ago and the horned frogs defense was the #2 defense in the land statistically and very stingy. What Bailiff has done in San Marcos after only one recruiting season is simply amazing.

Rick