DMN blurb: Meager to start at QB

OldTimer

You don't lose your job to injury. I, really, don't see why this is so shocking to everyone.

Remember when Scott Hall first showed up on campus and got in on a few series against Baylor?...his first possession he takes the team straight down the field and puts 6 on the board. It still took DD several games to turn the reigns over to him. I don't see why this is a problem for everyone here....the season is over, why throw Meager to the bench permanently when you've devoted so much time to his development all year. I, personally, see some promise in Meager--his sideline demeanor and leadership could use a boost, but from what I've seen, he looks like the most gifted athlete we've had at QB in DD's tenure.

I also, don't see how anyone can say that "DD doesn't care"....good grief, how do you know that? I think his style of game is very uninspiring to watch and requires more buy-in from the players to physically execute than many of the offenses run now in college football....for that reason, I think he'll always face an uphill battle when he's going up against a more talented team. I think his negative public comments could be taken as him not caring, but I think that he probably cares VERY much and just gets frustrated that we're not funded or supported like a BCS school. This is all conjecture, though, as I have zero idea of what goes on in his mind...

Further proof that the coaching staff does care is RF's half-time incident at the last home game. Do you honestly think that a coach, who didn't care, would get emotional over a fan's comment and snap?? I don't.

You don't lose your job to injury.  I, really, don't see why this is so shocking to everyone.

Remember when Scott Hall first showed up on campus and got in on a few series against Baylor?...his first possession he takes the team straight down the field and puts 6 on the board.  It still took DD several games to turn the reigns over to him.  I don't see why this is a problem for everyone here....the season is over, why throw Meager to the bench permanently when you've devoted so much time to his development all year.  I, personally, see some promise in Meager--his sideline demeanor and leadership could use a boost, but from what I've seen, he looks like the most gifted athlete we've had at QB in DD's tenure.

I also, don't see how anyone can say that "DD doesn't care"....good grief, how do you know that?  I think his style of game is very uninspiring to watch and requires more buy-in from the players to physically execute than many of the offenses run now in college football....for that reason, I think he'll always face an uphill battle when he's going up against a more talented team.  I think his negative public comments could be taken as him not caring, but I think that he probably cares VERY much and just gets frustrated that we're not funded or supported like a BCS school.  This is all conjecture, though, as I have zero idea of what goes on in his mind...

Further proof that the coaching staff does care is RF's half-time incident at the last home game.  Do you honestly think that a coach, who didn't care, would get emotional over a fan's comment and snap??  I don't.

Maybe you shouldn't lost your job to injury, but you sure should lose your job for ineptitude. Besides, I don't really think that it was his job to lose anyway. Dickey has never clearly said that Meager is without a doubt the number one man. He certainly plays him as though he is, but he has continually said that the position is under evaluation.

Maybe you shouldn't lost your job to injury, but you sure should lose your job for ineptitude. Besides, I don't really think that it was his job to lose anyway. Dickey has never clearly said that Meager is without a doubt the number one man. He certainly plays him as though he is, but he has continually said that the position is under evaluation.

At 2-7 all positions should be under evaluation, but it's too late now even if you find someone that can spark some positive performance. I would have started Phillips just because he earned it.

Edited by NT80