Veterans Day

MeanGreen61

While on vacation last month, my wife and I stopped by the Vietnam Veterans memorial at Eagle's Nest New Mexico. Very impressive facility.....and a very moving tribute to the Viet Nam veterans.

Interesting statistic that I learned while I was there.

The average age of the frontline soldiers who served in WWII....26. The average age of the frontline soldier that served in Viet Nam....19.

Amen to that.  Happy Veterans Day.  Thank you to any of you guys reading this.  Mean Green and a Vet?  That is one bad ass...

I'm a Mean Green, US Army Fighting Machine, and proudly served my country in Viet Nam. I'm a bad sumbitch! mad.gif

And thanks to all of my fellow Veterans, my Viet Nam Veteran Brothers, and especially those in our armed forces serving in Iraq.

Edited by DeepGreen

I visted Washington DC this past summer and toured the memorials to the veterans and fighting men and women of Vietnam, WWII and Korea. When I asked why there is no memorial to the veterans of WWI , I was told that there is not enough of them still alive to finance one. Made me sick.

U.S. Army Medevac Helicopter Pilot 1989-1995. Served in "Desert Storm" and "Provide Comfort" and flew my ass off out there. Wildest flying I ever did.

I salute all my military brothers and thank them for what they have given, and what they are still doing both overseas and at home. Sometimes I miss the military, but most times I am just happy to have served my country...

GMG!!!