ONLY CASH?!?

EagleChick03

Ok, so after four straight years of Mean Green football, you'd think I'd know all about what you need to have the perfect game day experience. Apparently the only way to get food, drink or ANYTHING at fouts is with CASH. No credit or debit cards. I never have cash. There's no ATM machine in the stadium however Wells Fargo is a sponser of the university and has banners all around. ohmy.gifblink.gif

WE NEED AN ATM AT FOUTS. Who would I contact about this?

On another note, going to the bathroom at fouts is a terrrrrrrible thing. IT IS 1,092,837,474,637,738 DEGREES IN THE BATHROOM!!!! By the time you exit the thing, you are ready to just go home and shower.

WE NEED AC IN THE BATHROOMS. Who would I contact about this?

WE NEED A QB WHO CAN PLAY FB. Who would I contact about this? haha, joking on that one!

ph34r.gif

Hey EagleChick...I'm frusturated too!!!

We're lightyears behind on the ATM/debit card front but you've got to admit the prices are great. Drinks at UT are $3-4, nachos $5-6 and hotdogs were at least $3. My wife and I spent $30 on concessions in Austin and had almost the same things for less than $10 at UNT. I agree we could use debit card purchases at Fouts, but what price would the consumer have to pay for this "luxury"?? tongue.gif

The bathrooms were quite muggy but I think I lost about 5 pounds each time I had to go. And, if it ever gets cold, you'll appreciate the warmth the lack of proper ventilation provides.

As frustrated as we are feeling, perhaps we all should remember that Daniel, for all his failings, scored our only touchdown.

Yes on a drive that should have ended 4 plays before b/c DD/RF called a short 5 yd route on a 4-19 with Game on the line, that is really great playcalling, plus Daniel had to run for his life once again. rolleyes.gif

Thats not true. They had debit/credit lines at the A&M game last Saturday. How could you even make a statement that "every stadium in the nation" is that way?

Thank you. And even if "every stadium in the nation" did only take cash, fouts need to realize for many of their target market (the COLLEGE student), it is a cashless society.

On a positive note from the concessions, I LOVE that plastic cups WITH ICE are now sold. That alone was worth my half-time drive to the bank one ATM by sack and save. rolleyes.gif

Edited by EagleChick03

----I am so old (62) none of us had Visa/Mastercards cards in college (didn't exist). I never assume anything but a chain store takes cards and very few places will take checks unless they know you. As the Boy Scouts say... "Be Prepared!" ----- in this case take enough cash to meet your needs. Considering the price of tickets and a couple of drinks it is not like you are a "robbery target" with that kind of cash.... If you can't find that much cash ahead of time you can't afford to go.

---The older I get the more that motto means...... FEMA and the people in New Orleans should have learned that motto as well and things would have still been terrible but maybe not as tragic..

--You have nothing to gripe about......

Guest JohnDenver

--You have nothing to gripe about......

Her gripe should have been, "they offered ATM use last week and I assumed it would be the same this week ... but they didn't and I didn't have a backup plan (like my elders would have)."

It is reasonable to expect them to have the same services from one week to the next. I bet next time she will have cash, because experience has shown her that Fouts may not have the credit machines running.

I wouldn't have assumed they would take cards either. In fact, when I saw the sign for credit/debit lines at A&M I thought "oh sweet".

That being said....someone has to start it. Whether it was cash only in the good old days and everyone knew it, fact is that times now virtually dictate that if you don't take debit/credit you're stubborn or just out of date (or occasionally skirting tax laws).

I'm not saying it should be expected for the lines to take cards, but expecting an ATM is definately not unreasonable.

If it was as easy as you seem to think it is then they wouldn't have ATMs anywhere else. A lot of it depends on who you bank with and where you're coming from too.

Aside from that point, I find it extremely surprising that no enterprising individual wanted to set up an ATM in that stadium for the game in the first place. Hell, I'll gladly put up a table and sit there and be your personal ATM teller if it means I get $1.50 off each transaction.

I'm not saying she couldn't have stopped at the bank or anywhere else. I'm just defending a girl who wanted some cash and was very surprised that there were no ATMs. You can't tell me you've never been somewhere and wanted cash and thought "No ATM? What country am I in?"

Well, I've only ever been fortunate enough to have the free time to go to one game. That was when I was a student there and living in Denton. I wasn't even paying attention or looking for one and for some reason I remember seeing an ATM.

I can't say I'd find it unreasonable to think Fouts would have one if a grocery store (a place that takes any form of payment ever known to man) has one, or if you can find an ATM at the place that does your dry cleaning.

I'm also amazed that any of us has been involved in such a lengthy debate about the availabilty and use of ATMs.

I'm not saying she couldn't have stopped at the bank or anywhere else. I'm just defending a girl who wanted some cash and was very surprised that there were no ATMs. You can't tell me you've never been somewhere and wanted cash and thought "No ATM? What country am I in?"

I'm a big fan of Space Monkey now. Thanks.

I get off work at 6:30 in Carrollton. I left work and drove straight to the game. I sat in traffic and got to the game at 7:20 pm. I walked in the stadium STARVING and thought "Food sounds good." I realized that like normal, all I had was my debit card and unlike normal all my boyfriend had was a debit card (he usually has the cash!). I didn't expect that the lines would take plastic. I did expect an ATM to be available. That is all my post was supposed to say. Thank you.

EagleChick,

you have to pay cash at every stadium in the nation.  No concession stands take debit or credit cards.

ohmy.gif

UALR and ASU accept plastic at basketball. ASU also take plastic for merchandise at football. No idea if we take plastic for food and drink at football because I always stop and get cash before games.

Arrowhead Stadium and Kaufman Stadium both take plastic.

I'm not sure I've ever used cash at the Edward Jones Dome for the Rams or the Final Four and I'm pretty sure I didn't use cash at the Saavis Center the last time I went to a Blues game.