ESPN Recap

MootPoint

DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Paul Smith threw for 189 yards and two touchdowns as Tulsa handed North Texas its worst home loss 54-2 Saturday night.

Brandon Diles rushed for 128 yards and one touchdown, and Cauvey Jackson scored twice for Tulsa (1-2), which did not play leading rusher Uril Parrish. Tulsa coach Steve Kragthorpe did not elaborate on the decision after the game.

Tulsa held the heralded North Texas tandem of Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas to 113 yards rushing on 24 carries. Cobbs led the Mean Green (1-1) with 100 yards on 17 attempts but was tackled in the end zone for a safety late in the first quarter.

Smith went 12-for-21, throwing touchdown passes to Garrett Mills and Idris Moss. Mills finished with eight catches for 143 yards.

Daniel Meager was 9-of-21 for 63 yards and threw two interceptions for North Texas, which had just 129 yards total offense. The Mean Green converted just two of 15 third downs.

Jackson finished with 49 yards on seven carries. Anthony Germany returned a fumble 32 yards for a touchdown late in the fourth quarter for Tulsa.

Tulsa's victory snapped a 15-game losing streak in non-conference road games.

Daniel Meager was 9-of-21 for 63 yards... The Mean Green converted just two of 15 third downs.

No need to look any further.

Tulsa handed North Texas its worst home loss 54-2 Saturday night.

I believe so. This was my initial thought as soon as the game ended.

Tulsa's victory snapped a 15-game losing streak in non-conference road games.

Over the past 7 years how many streaks have ended against us? Let me list the ones I can think of:

1. UNLV's 13 game losing streak

2. ULM's 19 game D-1 losing streak

3. Baylor's losing streak back in 2000 (I believe, maybe 01)

4. Tulsa's losing streak tonight

I think there is one more I'm forgetting. I did not expect much from this young team, but I did expect a little more fight against a CUSA team that possibly will not win a conference game this year. Ouch.

To be fair, we did end our consecutive years without a bowl appearence streak over the same time frame. However, we all know we need some OCC wins to "legitify" that and it just isn't happening.

Edited by GMoney

Guest JohnDenver

1.  UNLV's 13 game losing streak

2.  ULM's 19 game D-1 losing streak

3.  Baylor's losing streak back in 2000 (I believe, maybe 01)

4.  Tulsa's losing streak tonight

5. Kansas's record losing streak.