what about quinn?

greenminer

There's a lot of talk of Meager, Cobbs, and Thomas.  What about Johnny...I know he didn't have a 'monster' game, but what about his presence on the field?

I'd like to hear some witnessess' thoughts/perceptions.  Maybe even something about the recievers and secondary in general.

thanks,

-gm

He made a "monster" catch on a jump ball. Meager threw the long ball into double coverage and Quinn came down with it. He also had a couple of key third down catches late in the game. Quiet night for Quinn, but with a limited passing attack early in the season, it was a good night.

JQ was excellent last night, especially considering that he really wasn't in any shape to play. The announcers on TV said he had food poisoning, but I think the guys on the radio were probably more right-on: they said he had the stomach flu and lost 30% of his water the "hard way" Friday night.

I don't care how few times he got the ball - he played most of that game and gave it his all. Just his presence on the field was a threat. And when the time came to step it up, he was there with bells on.

There's a lot of talk of Meager, Cobbs, and Thomas.  What about Johnny...I know he didn't have a 'monster' game, but what about his presence on the field?

I'd like to hear some witnessess' thoughts/perceptions.  Maybe even something about the recievers and secondary in general.

thanks,

-gm

Do not be mistaken...we will truly miss JQ when he is gone, even if we fully do not realize it now. You know, sometimes it is that 1 or 2 plays that turns the game around in your favor...and JQ seems to be the that player which provides that play.

It is a sad thing when we lose players like this.... sad.gif

JQ was excellent for a man minus 30% water weight and fighting a stomach virus.

Think of it like this: we all know how hard it is to go to class or go to work while we have a fever or even a cold. Now try upping the effects of a cold by 10 and try running around and getting hit. That's what JQ did last night. He's a hard-nosed guy, and I admire him for even wanting to play- I can't say how impressed I am with his ability to perform with a new QB on his first game against that type of D.

For next year- I have a feeling that Brandon Jackson has the potential to step in where JQ was. He needs the balls to go his way and I bet he'll show us something special. With Meager's speed and improved throwing, I think we could have a well-balanced O next fall.

Do not be mistaken...we will truly miss JQ when he is gone, even if we fully do not realize it now.  You know, sometimes it is that 1 or 2 plays that turns the game around in your favor...and JQ seems to be the that player which provides that play.

It is a sad thing when we lose players like this.... sad.gif

What a sad spin...not exactly a point that applies right now. We have him through the 2006 season.

Cheer up,

-gm

What a sad spin...not exactly a point that applies right now.  We have him through the 2006 season.

Cheer up,

-gm

Good Job GM! Sometimes we have to give a little pep talk to those focusing on the negative. JQ is freak'n awesome! I wish they sold his jersey in the union or a Voertmans.