Game Thread, Anyone?

Monkeypox

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MT can't beat an inexperienced and 1st game NT... if they can't do the job then, I don't think they ever will. They did well offensively, but they didn't get the ball in, and they kept handing the ball over. So yeah, they did okay, but a million yards don't mean jack unless they have points attached to them.

I think Meager has a lot of possibility. He got the ball to a sick JQ under real pressure. He could be a great QB. He just needs time. And oddly- the OL needs work, or we just don't need to run into an 8man box.

As for Tulsa...I'm uneasy, esp after their OU performance.

Edited by meangreendork

WAY TO GO MEAN GREEN!!! It may not have been the best game but we won didn't we?!!! So what did we do well? Yes, we had some luck and yes MT kinda shot themselves there but we still had to have something going for us! Reading all these posts, I got depressed b/c all I read was everything that went wrong or was bad or sucked or whatever. How about a little positive commentary too? I sure wouldn't want to be our team coming off the field to a "welcoming" committee like what I've read tonight. But, that's just me. It's nothing personal. I like to focus on the positive and leave the critiques to the coaches smile.gif

WAY TO GO MEAN GREEN!!! It may not have been the best game but we won didn't we?!!! So what did we do well? Yes, we had some luck and yes MT kinda shot themselves there but we still had to have something going for us! Reading all these posts, I got depressed b/c all I read was everything that went wrong or was bad or sucked or whatever. How about a little positive commentary too? I sure wouldn't want to be our team coming off the field to a "welcoming" committee like what I've read tonight. But, that's just me. It's nothing personal. I like to focus on the positive and leave the critiques to the coaches smile.gif

The way a game thread goes is responding to things as they happen. There were positive posts for the good plays and negative posts for the bad plays. If you see a majority of posts that you feel are negative, then it's a reflection of the INDIVIDUAL plays in the game.

Look at it this way- D was good. O needs improvement. It says that the team needs game time, which is what they got. They didn't do well in the 1st half. Well, think of that as something like the first season game. They made some changes and Meager got a little more settled as the 2nd half started.

The W is in our column, so that's all that really counts, right? Let's wait and see how much crow they eat.

I don't know about the Tulsa game. I do know the team is getting better and prepared for the rest of conference play as well as the LaTech game.

Edited by meangreendork

My thoughts - The first half was TOUGH! I was not very enthusiastic as to the rest of the season to say the very least. Having had a whole 20 minutes to think about the outcome though here I go.

Every aspect of our game got BETTER as the game went on. - Let's not forget there are a bunch of new guys here. They need time to gel. Not having our first game hurt us tremendously coming into this one.

The defense seeemed to get it together as a group towards the end. Individual play was HUGE with the 5 turnovers.

I think the game went as everyone thought it would as for our offense. Everyone knew we'd need to run the ball so they stacked the line. Meager (which never got rotated with Phillips by the way) performed well for a freshman. He seemed to struggle on the long balls a little - underthrowing on most of them. great catch by "The Mighty" Quinn. (Who knew he was "violently ill" all week???) I liked that they threw the ball to Cobbs - that play seemed to work well.

Wish I had seen more J-MO but that's why they pay the coaches. Cobbs had a good night considering all of the above. Stacked line and inexperienced QB make running hard.

Having replaced our safeties I thought they did an outstanding job!

I'm not too concerned with Tulsa. They had a decent showing against OU, but so did TCU. OU may be on a down year, let's not completely over rate them. We now have our first week to observe and make adjustments. I think we'll DEFINITLY be better next week and I'd expect more passing.

All in all it was ugly, but it was a win which is all that matters. Great way to start the season. So much was riding on this one, and the guys did a good job rising up to the challenge. Their confidence level just went up a notch which is good for a young group. I kind of look at it as our first half was like our first game - adjustments were made and we came out and made some plays in the second half.

On another note. I wish a speedy recovery on the wide receiver (C. Henry) who broke his leg. That's the one part of football that always brings you down is knowing that a talented receiver won't be playing again for a while if at all.

WAY TO GO MEAN GREEN!

Beat the crap out of TULSA! ! !

Edited by Mad Hatter