Crazy Idea for new PEB

The AFLAC Duck

As I was walking between West Hall and the south side of the new PEB building they're throwing up, I saw the emense wall of bricks almost completed.

They're all yellow, pale, and probably came from the same yard as the gateway center.

My crazy idea was why not take a few of those bricks, paint them green, and make a big NT in the wall. I'm no carpenter, but I do believe the colour will last for a very long time, and who's to say you couldn't repaint it later on anyways.

If you look back through the school's name changes, you will notice that we've always been North Texas. Whether it be North Texas State Teacher's College, or NTSU, or UNT, the NT has always stood.

I know it sounds nutty, but I just thought I'd share that with you all.

I think that is a great idea...too bad it might be too late. You should call the design firm.

Also, why in the heck are they using ugly brown bricks on that building instead of the nice white ones from the gateway center?!?!?!!? (When I asked this one night, Jaydub joked that it is so they can say to recruits "...and this is our student athletic center, its been here for years....." that could be true! blink.gif lol

I'd like to see a BIG interlocked NT on our football helmets and basketball shorts too.   NT has been a part of every era and in every change of the school's name.   cool.gif

Jeff, I like the interlocked "N T" from the Mean Joe Greene era myself if your going to interlock the 2 letters.

To me an interlocked N T should also be so designed as such that some novices out there don't beat themselves up trying to figure out what "T N" stands for. wink.gif