NCAA Football 2006

I'm currently in the WAC. I got invited after four or five years. It has to do with prestige, win/loss record, and overall team talent. There's also an element of luck or randomness to it. But the prestige, record, and talent help a lot.

Prestige, win/loss, and talent have nothing to do with it. I have won 48 straight, 3 Sun Belt titles, a NATIONAL TITLE, 3 Heisman’s (Jamario twice and Joe Odom once, and my current Sophomore is 3rd in the hunt this year), 2 coach of the year, finished 2006 ranked 15, 2007 ranked 2nd, and 2008 1st. Going in to 2009 started ranked 14th ( Currently 5th). I have only had one game where anyone in the belt was within 35 points (ASU this year) I have made all my out of conference games against 4 ranked Big 12 teams (this year TX, OU, TTech, and TaM) and then the highest ranked team I can find (USC, FL, and Iowa ranked #1) In the last two years I have had a recruiting class in the top five.

I AM STUCK IN SUN BELT HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate playing game where I have 42 points by half and have the second team in. In 2008 for best offensive lineman I have the to 8 of 8 that means my second team was better than all other teams first team.

If I do not get out of the belt after this season where I am undefeated and only have OU left to beat other than 3 Belt teams I will have a version for sale cheap. (just look outside in the pasture, that is where I will throw it.)

No $hit...I know exactly how you feel. I've had 3 back to back to back Heisman winners; 2 coach of the year awards; finished in the top 10 every year! mad.gif

Prestige, win/loss, and talent have nothing to do with it.  I have won 48 straight, 3 Sun Belt titles, a NATIONAL TITLE,  3 Heisman’s (Jamario twice and Joe Odom once, and my current Sophomore is 3rd in the hunt this year), 2 coach of the year, finished 2006 ranked 15, 2007 ranked 2nd, and 2008 1st. Going in to 2009 started ranked 14th ( Currently 5th).  I have only had one game where anyone in the belt was within 35 points (ASU this year) I have made all my out of conference games against 4 ranked Big 12 teams (this year TX, OU, TTech, and TaM) and then the highest ranked team I can find (USC, FL, and Iowa ranked #1)  In the last two years I have had a recruiting class in the  top five.

I AM STUCK IN SUN BELT HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate playing game where I have 42 points by half and have the second team in.  In 2008 for best offensive lineman I have the to 8 of 8 that means my second team was better than all other teams first team.

If I do not get out of the belt after this season where I am undefeated and only have OU left to beat other than 3 Belt teams I will have a version for sale cheap. (just look outside in the pasture, that is where  I will throw it.)

How are you guys doing in recruiting? Overall team talent factors does factor in.

I'm not sure that awards play into conference invitations. Program prestige is a biggie, and it doesn't go up nearly as fast as last year's. Check it and make sure where you are at.

I know that in 2005, if you went undefeated indefinitely, you wouldn't get invited. You had to have "realistic" records, like 10-1 or 9-2.