GOMEANGREEN.COM BBQ event for the 20th

SilverEagle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the DRC posted schedule it appears there is NO morning practice on Saturday the 20th, but a scrimmage at 7pm that night.

Aug. 10 — 8 a.m. (freshmen),

4 p.m. (varsity)

Aug. 11 — 8 a.m. (freshmen),

4 p.m. (varsity)

Aug. 12 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 13 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 14 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 15 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 16 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 17 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 18 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 19 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 20 — 7 p.m. (scrimmage)

Aug. 21 — 4 p.m.

Aug. 22 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 23 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 24 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 25 — 8 a.m.

Aug. 26 — 8 a.m., 4 p.m.

Aug. 27 — 7 p.m. (scrimmage)

Latest Update for this years annual GMG.com Kickoff BBQ.

FFR= Pickles, Onions and Relish, seving utensils.

Pierow & Twodollarpistols= 6 gallons of baked beans

Stebo= 200 10 inch plates, 200 7 inch plates, 1 case of paper towels, plasticware, ice, meat serving warmers.

MedPilot21= 10 gallons of ice tea

BeanCounterGrad'03= Desert, 4 cheescakes

Hope24= Desert

untgirl04= Desert

Baby Arm= Bread for 200+

SilverEagle= Barbecue Sauce(KC Masterpiece), Tin Foil

MGQ and Zeke= Cups and Ice

Very Green= Potato Salad

SoundMan=Pool for Ice

We could still use a supply of water. If anyone has access to a large cooler with a serving spout we could use for water we would appreciate it.

Let me know if I left anything off. The cookout is still on August 20th, Saturday morning around 11:30 a.m. at the AC center. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call me at 817-999-9335.

Rick

Ok, I have an important update - our catering department has a huge thing for this weekend that just came up. I cannot get our meat warmers for the occasion. I have already ordered and have the plastic ware in my possession so that will have to be the extent of what i can provide. As for ice, the GM at the Denton store said to simply call them and they will help out - so if someone can please call the Denton OTB (that lives in Denton or will be going through that area) and tell them what you need (fill up a few ice chests with ice) then they will take care of you.

I wish that I could get the food warmers, we did not see the catering project on our radar until this week and we are having to borrow from other stores just to meet our needs for it. BTW, I have gotten an offer from another restaurant to come be a GM at better pay so I might be giving my notice by the end of the week if we can iron out the details during my vacation this week. All that I know is that I am a finalist for the position but I have let Brinker know that I am going after it so they are not too happy with me right now, lol.

So Rick, please cut back my contribution to the plates (200 full size and 200 7" plates) - I have those in hand already. I will go purchase the forks from Costco if I cannot swing it from the store by Saturday...

But, I do have a question - is the time still the same? The official practice schedule lists the team scrimmage for that night (not the morning as years before) - so are we going to move the time to accomodate the scrimmage?

But, I do have a question - is the time still the same? The official practice schedule lists the team scrimmage for that night (not the morning as years before) - so are we going to move the time to accomodate the scrimmage?

Time is still the same. Approximately 11:30 a.m. Stebo, are you still bringing the paper towels?

Rick

Everyone that has volunteered to help needs to arrive well before 11:30 in order to get this thing going right.  cool.gif

That I cannot do - I will be there right around 11:00 or so but can't get there well before 11:30. Getting the afternoon off was hell enough, lol.

SoundMan we are bringing 10 gallons of sweet tea and cups. We will fill the cups with ice then fill them with the tea. If someone wants to bring water as well we can do both.

I wanted to reiterate what SilverEagle has said about arriving before 11:30. If you can't get there before 11:30, which is the approximate time that we were given for this to start, then get there as soon as you can. But if you are going to be late let someone know or arrange for someone else to bring what your bringing.

I will be arriving at the AC center early saturday morning, possibly 8 a.m. For those who plan on coming early to slice brisket, say around 9 or earlier I plan on cooking buttermilk pancakes for you for breakfast. I have a homemade recipe I make at the firehall I think you will like.

If you are coming to slice brisket I suggest you bring two things. An apron and a cheap pair of leather gloves. They have them at Home Depot or Wal Mart for around $3 a pair. The brisket is very hot coming out of the pit and you will need the gloves for protection. If you happen to have a sharp carving knife that you prefer to use bring it as well.

Any questions call me at 817-999-9335

Rick

I visited with department officials today and went over where we will set up. We will set up the pit and supplies right in front of the AC center cafeteria. AD dept will have four tables for us to use to serve on. There is also access to electrical outlets from that point. I'm thinking about bringing extension cords and a fan because it's suppose to be around 100 saturday. It was very warm and humid today, hopefully some of the humidity will burn off by saturday.

I picked up the meat from the suppliers today, 250 lbs total. I'll start cooking tomorrow at work and cook half tomorrow and half friday. Everything looks good from here.

Rick

I visited with department officials today and went over where we will set up.  We will set up the pit and supplies right in front of the AC center cafeteria.  AD dept will have four tables for us to use to serve on.  There is also access to electrical outlets from that point.  I'm thinking about bringing extension cords and a fan because it's suppose to be around 100 saturday.  It was very warm and humid today, hopefully some of the humidity will burn off by saturday. 

I picked up the meat from the suppliers today, 250 lbs total.  I'll start cooking tomorrow at work and cook half tomorrow and half friday.  Everything looks good from here.

Rick

So, is everybody going to be able to sit inside the new cafeteria to eat?

We have 250 pounds of brisket (actually 259.5 pounds) which should be a sufficient quantity for serving the coaching staff, football team, their families, and the fans that show. What happens if the 'there's FREE barbeque at the cafeteria' word gets around to all the Victory Hall residents? We may be setting up the picnic right in the shadow of the ant bed. I have nothing against feeding the kids, actually I'm all for it, but we need to insure that we've already taken care of the team and coaches.

user posted image

So, is everybody going to be able to sit inside the new cafeteria to eat?

We have 250 pounds of brisket (actually 259.5 pounds) which should be a sufficient quantity for serving the coaching staff, football team, their families, and the fans that show. What happens if the 'there's FREE barbeque at the cafeteria' word gets around to all the Victory Hall residents? We may be setting up the picnic right in the shadow of the ant bed. I have nothing against feeding the kids, actually I'm all for it, but we need to insure that we've already taken care of the team and coaches.

user posted image

just FYI, residents at Victory Hall, other than the athletes that live there, don't move in until Sunday.

Is there going to be anything for kids there? (play area) Or do I need to go ahead and book that babysitter? ph34r.gif

I'd book the sitter! There will be a field, a cooker and some tables. There might be a football, but there won't be anything to watch unless you go over to the Scrimmage!