Smack Talker respect

USC = University of Southern California

USM = University of Southern Mississippi

Compass Points:

North, NNE, NE, ENE, E ESE, SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW, W, WNW, NW, NNW

Southern no where appears in there. Southern is an adjective, not a compass point

Examples: Southern Fried Chicken, Southern Chicks, Southern Football (best footbal is Southern in nature..think SEC (also USM) Southern Hospitality, Southern style A$$ whoopin..etc...list goes on.

Any other Southerners are welcome to add to this list....

What we really think so don't get panties in a wad

Good Day

cool.gif

The next time someone calls you a "compass point" school then you will have a great comeback - until then you are a directional school just like us.

Duh...my point exactly (where is your self esteem ?) We are NOT a directional school. Directional Schools come from the compass points... East Carolina, West Virginia, South Alabama, North East Louisianna, South East Louisianna, North West Louisianna, South West Louisianna....etc... COMPASS POINT = Directional.

Now Southern has class to it... Southern Belles, Southern Hospitality, Southern Comfort, Southern style A$$ whoopin. You ever heard of Southern America ? It's South America..(i.e. directional AKA derived from one of 16 compass points).

I even think there is a East South East Georgia University. See what I mean ?

And BTW..we LIKE to be called Southern Miss..Look on the bright side, come Dec 14th, your running back is gonna get LAID..flat on his back!

Good Day!

cool.gif

Duh...my point exactly (where is your self esteem ?) We are NOT a directional school.  Directional Schools come from the compass points... East Carolina, West Virginia, South Alabama, North East Louisianna, South East Louisianna, North West Louisianna, South West Louisianna....etc... COMPASS POINT = Directional.

Hey Seagull,

Just to point out the moronic, West Virginia is the name of the state. Why didn't South Carolina or North Dakota make your list?!?

Your point just doesn't have a point. Show me where a definition is of "directional school" - there isn't one, it is subject to any interpretation. I think that 99.99% of people in the country would say that a directional school would indicate any type of direction or location of the school name. Would you call Central Florida a directional school? I certainly would. What abot Middle Tennessee? What about "Western" Michigan? There is no "Western" on a compass yet Western Michigan is a directional school. What about Central Michigan? Yes, again that is a directional school. It indicates their general location in their state.

North Texas is a directional school as is Southern Miss. So is University of Southern California. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Geez, talk about an inferiority complex! We are proud of our name, you won't see anyone from North Texas trying to argue that we are a "compass point" school rather than a directional school. They are one in the same. It sounds like you have had this arguement for years on message boards with other fans of other schools... so I don't think i am going to change you mind.... but like it or not, you have a directional school name... so does North Texas, South Florida, USC (the real one), Central-East-Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee, and Central Florida. Some have a point on a compass, other just tell their general direction in the state, thus the term "directional" school and not "compass point" school. I would definitely call Northern Arizona a directional school yet there is no Northern (or Southern) point on a compass. You can't have it both ways buddy, just cheer on your directional school and be proud of it.

BTW, I can't believe I just spent 5 minutes trying to convince you that you are wrong when i know damn well that I will never change your mind, lol laugh.gif

Edited by stebo

Making an agrument that Southern is not a directional term is about as silly as thinking having a "directional" term in your name is derogatory. By your non-directional spin you are just feeding the fire of those stupid enough to believe that the words used to name an institution are of an significant importance.

Tradition, history, standards, production and success establish the value of the name, not the other way around.

Duh...my point exactly (where is your self esteem ?) We are NOT a directional school. Directional Schools come from the compass points... East Carolina, West Virginia, South Alabama, North East Louisianna, South East Louisianna, North West Louisianna, South West Louisianna....etc... COMPASS POINT = Directional.

Now Southern has class to it... Southern Belles, Southern Hospitality, Southern Comfort, Southern style A$$ whoopin. You ever heard of Southern America ? It's South America..(i.e. directional AKA derived from one of 16 compass points).

I even think there is a East South East Georgia University. See what I mean ?

And BTW..we LIKE to be called Southern Miss..Look on the bright side, come Dec 14th, your running back is gonna get LAID..flat on his back!

Good Day!

cool.gif

say, Johnathanlivingseagull-eagle (whatever), are you trying to say that Jamario Thomas will get laid by you (or your football team?). Me, I prefer girls!!! Sorry about that, and don't get your goofy hopes up about catching Thomas in the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl.

I'm glad some of you from UNT caught the humor in my post. Clearly your street alumni didn't. Some of you need to Lighten up..just a bit. I'm glad you picked up on West Virginia reference (Eagle91Gator95 is that how much you lost to Florida in BB ?) , which is really in the East, and South Carolina which is actually considered by us to be in the North(if it snows in winter, it's in the north). I thought I could pull a fast one on you, but clearly they have a good geography curriculum at Northern Tex (not bad sounding..but still not classy like Southern Miss) and they are as directional as any school with North/South/East/West in their name.

Have a nice day!

cool.gif

BTW, I can't believe I just spent 5 minutes trying to convince you that you are wrong when i know damn well that I will never change your mind, lol laugh.gif

I do believe you got a point there. I think I'll change my mind! Anyone who works so hard on responding to that load of crap I spent 10 minutes composing deserves to win the debate. But you won't convince me that South Dakota is in the south...no matter how MUCH you type.

Hasta La Pasta

laugh.gif

Dude, not cool,not cool at all, don't insult the users on our board, at our board.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE.

I assume you were refering to Eagle91Gator95s' post that I slightly altered. I made possible selections as follows:

Think of it like a SAT question (assuming you've taken it):

Southern is to South as Moronic is to ____________.

A. Moral

B. Moron

C. Brain Surgeon

D. Rocket Scientist

E. University Of North Texas Graduate

F. Eagle91Gator95

I will apologize for "E", the ONLY UNT graduate that fits the answer is "F" as in Eagle91Gator95, the guy with the multiple personality. As you can see though I would not say that about UNT graduates in general...Just that guy pounding the cowbell. and BTW, it's all in fun. Don't be getting serious now. After all, football is just a game.

Have a Nice Day!

cool.gif

Boy, you and your cousin Catfish, sure love to argue about some stupid crap. What an a$$hat! ohmy.gif

Argue ? The idiot GreenEagle87 warned me not to insult the users of this board. So I just refocused the post at whom it was intended. Don't make me go back and include all UNT Grads. My guess is that you're just a street alumni and have never set foot in a UNT classroom though. But since I cant be sure, I'll let it slide this time. Now go back to remedial grammar 101 and learn to spell. That FONICS course you been taking to bring up your ACT to get accepted at UNT is messing up your spelling.

Edited by JonathanLivingstonEagle