Promo Idea For TCU game

emmitt01

This isn't football related so feel free to move it as long as the link stays on this board where everyone will at least view it. laugh.gif

I took a night off from work Saturday to attend the game and I came up with this idea last night so feel free to critique, expound, or trash altogether...but do so within the next 24 hours because if it's gonna get off the ground it's gotta be Monday.

You can buy DVD players for $39 bucks or less these days. TV's are around $40. DVD's are $10 or less. What if we bought about 3 or four DVD players, a tv or two and a bunch of popular movies and advertised drawings throughout the TCU game for these prizes? Again, I'd front the money but I would need a GUARANTEE that someone could help me out because I'd be out at least $400.

The biggest problem is advertising on short notice. I talked with the president of Talons and she says that, if they do the campus cleanup table this week, she would hand out several thousand flyers advertising the game and giveaways. Any other ideas for cheap, quick, mass media promotions? Pit Crew? Are you doing any advertising for your tailgate party...and could you spread the word about this as well?

So, good idea or bad idea? Who could help out? This is our "statement" game and I'd love to see a large rowdy student crowd.

The Residence Hall Association would be a VERY good help for cheap advertising. They can get the word out very quickly if they have a reason to do it. Literally within 24 hours an entire residence hall can be informed about something. Simple butcher paper with paint-type writing on it is very effective on each floor by the elevators and main entrys/exits

I would suggest also having volunteers from the Greeks be out in several places surrounding the Union and other high traffic areas between class changes up to 12:30 or 1:00 for the next few days.

The UNT Daily needs to Step up to the plate also. They have a responsibility to help in this area. Every student across campus will see at least one copy of that paper this week. Eash paper that comes out should have an area that highlights athletics.

As an alumni; I would like to see the TALONS in uniform at the Basketball games also. The Basketball program has what it takes to win, and they deserve the support of the TALONS at their games also.