What I saw at the Tulsa game

Reb UT '70

Our lost to Houston has lost us our votes in the central region standing, but I think our grils continue to improve. We still look a little rough on teamwork, but we have a lot of talent on the squad. I should also point out that Tulsa's recruiting class was ranked 4th in the central region, well ahead of soccer powers SMU (12) Vanderbilt (11) OU (9) and Colorado (6).

Our reserves were able to defend the lead and still move offensively against them. By the Way, Houston's class was ranked 7th in the region, but I still don't think they are in our class at all. The biggest problem that we have is that we have not played the quality of teams that we need to be playing early in the season.

We should not have any serious problems this weekend with the two AK team in the SBC then we have to face Denver who is now ranked in the top 25 in all the polls. When you play the best you grow as a team and as a player, and Denver has had that experience and we have not. I do wish we were playing them down here instead of there.

Hey reb, i think that you have toomuch concern about recruiting. Most powerhouse teams have decent recruiting but they don't play as freshman! Some coaches believe in that and they don't believe in having freshman play, and having them wait there time. The difference is in coaches. Some coaches know how to get the most out of there players even though they aren't the greatest or well known. Those coacheds that have great recruiting classes might not knwo what to do with them as is the case with many schools. Houston and Tulsa may not have had much in a team as far as youare concerned, but wait till next year. they might surprise people! Also, Marin wasn't known as a incoming freshman and has made a name for herself, she is also having a very good year this year, conference has not started it's full swing yet, but expect teams next year no matter who you play( if they are a competative team) to shut her down! Even lowly Nicholls State kept her to nothing! as far as standing out in the game! that will happen more! watch out for these things!