EGAD ! Could it happen ?

MeanGreen61

Just a few games so far to look at, but barring injury, it appears that Jamario has a very legit change to AVERAGE OVER 200 YPG in conference games this year ! ph34r.gif W-O-W !

MTSU is currently the best team in the conference (that we play) vs the run at #59 with a 140.4 average. Jamario lit them up for 179. Utah State was at #108 with a 228.8 average. Jamario had a record 256 in that game for a two game 435 total yards & a 217.5 PG average.

Upcoming opponents just haven't been that good vs the run.

Idaho is #90 giving up 193.0 ypg

UL-Monroe is #97 giving up 208 ypg

Arkansas State is #98 giving up 208.8 ypg

UL-Lafayette is #100 giving up 210.7 ypg

New Mexico State is #113 giving up 245.7 ypg

Edited by MeanGreen61

We should go a easy on Kevin Moore. He is a good running back, but not a great running back. Just an opinion, but we dont need him to be great. He does a good job of holding on to the ball and getting yards when called on. He is not going to break 50 and 60 yard runs game after game, but I'm on board with him when we need short yardage and ball control. He is also a decent receiver out of the backfield. Running backs like Jamario Thomas dont just come along everyday. Texas A&M wanted this guy bad, and we can see why. North Texas had another guy with this talent level a couple of years ago (Michael Ruff) and that didnt work out. ( I felt like crying...)

We seem to be getting more and more talented players these days. We have another guy with serious skill coming on next year at DT, and believe it or not Isaac Thomas will be just as impressive on the defensive line. I saw him tear up the best talent that Oklahoma could put out there in the All-Star game, and most of those OL's were going to the Big-XII or the SEC. Thomas went through them like they werent even there....no joke. Imagine Brandon Kennedy with a mean streak???

Bowl game or not this year, I fell very good about our future!!!!

GMG!!! wink.gif

Kevin Moore has done squat in his plenty of opportunities. He did nothing against Texas, FAU, and Baylor. Then in limited carries he did nothing against MTSU and USU.

Jamario is the man and lets pray we do not have to use Moore extensively the rest of the season.

After Jamario, we don't have a quality RB......I agree with Jonathan, Kevin Moore sucks.

What do you base that analysis on? Moore has the best starting speed of any of the backs. No Cobbs and Thomas are a league above, but there have been many years at NT that Moore would be the go to back. Moore played primarily this year against UT and FAU, and the second half of the Baylor game, all games were our offensive line was beaten frequently.

By the way I maybe old school but I find it very offensive to state a North Texas player sucks.

It’s been a while since I've posted but I've been lurking... My new job is not allowing me to read every post like I could before.

I just had to coment on one thing....

Is it me or are these new people a little rude and critical on our players. I'm all for free speech but the players read this board along with their parents... and oh yea and future recruits.... If we have a below average recruiting class you can thank people like JDWest567 and j0nat8an.

I have an idea... why don't you two go over to Scotties board and stay there with attitudes like that! These are KIDS playing a game! You can say that kind of crap about the Dallas Cowboys because they get paid, but these KIDS are playing for the love of the game and an education.