‘25 WR Braden Blueitt - Colleyville Heritage

Quick look at his Twitter feed shows Tulsa, Northwestern, KSt, and Toledo offering. I still want to know how out of state programs are identifying and offering prospects 20 minutes from us quicker than our staff. Toledo? Really? 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Quick look at his Twitter feed shows Tulsa, Northwestern, KSt, and Toledo offering. I still want to know how out of state programs are identifying and offering prospects 20 minutes from us quicker than our staff. Toledo? Really? 

Some evaluations require more film study.  Why? A myriad of reasons but I know that to be the case.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

So are you saying our staff blueitt on this one?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Does it matter when we offer?  Is there a study showing that teams that offer first have more success landing a prospect?

I don't know that there has been an actual study done on the subject, but I have definitely seen comments where a recruit mentions how early a team starts "showing him love" as a big factor in why he chose that school.

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Does it matter when we offer?  Is there a study showing that teams that offer first have more success landing a prospect?

To a percentage of kids it does, but the vast majority probably not.  Typically biggest offer is top of the list, when they have a bunch of P5 offers then it may matter which one offers first. A lot of kids realize where they want to go after they visit somewhere. 

On 3/4/2024 at 7:26 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't know that there has been an actual study done on the subject, but I have definitely seen comments where a recruit mentions how early a team starts "showing him love" as a big factor in why he chose that school.

I see things like this and that is what drives me to question why are aren’t first on local kids:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I see things like this and that is what drives me to question why are aren’t first on local kids:

This.  I don't get why we don't choose to do this too.  I think our strategy is to wait it out a lot of the time before offering.