UTA (12/23/2023)

Big Z

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

I couldn't find an active UTA fan board.  Like $mut = no fans.

UTA Athletics' article on the NT game....

https://utamavs.com/news/2023/12/23/mens-basketball-uta-offense-goes-cold-in-loss-to-hot-shooting-unt.aspx

This reminds me of last year when @Big Z and I went to the game in Arlington. We couldn't find the arena, so we asked someone on campus which direction it was and they looked at us and told us they had no clue. 

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 5

On 12/24/2023 at 2:02 PM, Andrew said:

Why wouldn’t Edwards be the next point guard? Who says Ruben leaves? He and Scott can come back for one more run next season. 

Because Edwards isnt a PG...he's a shooting guard that wants to score 20 every night.  Need a PG who can handle the ball and pressure and Moore is the next best ball handler we have.  Everyone else who "Dribbles the ball up the court" isn't a PG just because they dribble the ball up the court.  I am talking about a guy who can tell everyone to get out of the way and can handle the ball on their own.  Not someone who keeps their man on their hip and takes 13 seconds to get the offense initiated.   I would be shocked if Jones, and Scott are back the fact is they're going to have some $$ amounts thrown their way that will be unbelievable.  Hell Scott had 150,000 offered last year alone and he's greatly improved his game IMO as far as being able to catch and shoot 3's 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Because Edwards isnt a PG...he's a shooting guard that wants to score 20 every night.  Need a PG who can handle the ball and pressure and Moore is the next best ball handler we have.  Everyone else who "Dribbles the ball up the court" isn't a PG just because they dribble the ball up the court.  I am talking about a guy who can tell everyone to get out of the way and can handle the ball on their own.  Not someone who keeps their man on their hip and takes 13 seconds to get the offense initiated.   I would be shocked if Jones, and Scott are back the fact is they're going to have some $$ amounts thrown their way that will be unbelievable.  Hell Scott had 150,000 offered last year alone and he's greatly improved his game IMO as far as being able to catch and shoot 3's 

The new look for the NCAA - new team each year. Hopefully Nolan, Buggs, and Sissoko stick around. A lineup of Moore, Buggs, Nolan, Sissoko, and Walker/Cotton would be "interesting". Add in a portal big and get to it. Microwave team building will become an annual event.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Pissed 1

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Hell Scott had 150,000 offered last year alone and he's greatly improved his game IMO as far as being able to catch and shoot 3's 

I was with you on Scott the first couple of games.  Now he is back to his 8 - 10 points a game, hustle like crazy and grab rebounds.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I was with you on Scott the first couple of games.  Now he is back to his 8 - 10 points a game, hustle like crazy and grab rebounds.

Yeah, I am a HUGE AScott fan, but he is just not consistent enough to be an effective offensive weapon. I think we can replace some of what he was giving in the beginning with Walker. Once he replaces Stone in the lineup, there is the difference we have been missing in these close games!

• Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He will get back going, he needs to remain a slashing, Bell type player slash cut catch the ball near the paint finish in paint and knock down the 3's when he's open and its kicked to him

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

He will get back going, he needs to remain a slashing, Bell type player slash cut catch the ball near the paint finish in paint and knock down the 3's when he's open and its kicked to him

Don’t misunderstand my post. I love him and his game. He just needs to be a little more selfish on the offensive end. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don’t misunderstand my post. I love him and his game. He just needs to be a little more selfish on the offensive end. 

Agreed but I think they’re so engrained in finding the BEST shot that sometimes they pass up opportunities to put the ball in the basket

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

A couple of days before the game, I was at Rally House in Arlington. Two employees were discussing not having enough room for merchandise. When I mentioned they had too much t.u. junk, one asked me who my school was. When I told him NT, he said they were our biggest rivals.  When I asked who, he said his school, UTA.  Puzzled, I said I've never heard that. He insisted that UTA was UNT's biggest rivals. 

My girlfriend graduated from UTA. Most of her immediate family went or worked there. Even she asked since when. 

• Haha 2