UTSA Notes

UNTLifer

* Leading passer and the key to their offense, we all know, is Frank Harris.

* His passing stats are 134-203-1588 and 13 TD's w/ 6 Int's.  He's been sacked ten times.

* Leading rusher is Kevorian Barnes, 111-477 with 4 TD's.  Robert Henry is their second leading rusher with 376 yards on 57 carries but with 6 TD's.

* Rocko Griffin is their third RB with 249 yards on 46 carries and 2 TD's.

* Joshua Cephus is their leading WR with 56 receptions for 681 yards and 7 TD's

* The drop off in receptions from Cephus is pretty remarkable.  Devin McCUin (25-365-2), Tykee Ogle-Kellogg (24-434-6), TE Oscar Cardenas (21-174-1) and Willilee McCoy (12-113-2)

* Their top 14 tacklers on defense are either LB's or DB's. DB Ken Robinson leads the team with 41 tackles followed by LB Martiavius French (40), LB Trey Moore (36), LB Jamal Ligon (36), LB Avery Morris (36), S Rashad Wisdom (35), LB Donyai Taylor (35) and LB Jimmori Robinson (28)

* LB Trey Moore leads the team with 12 sacks

* S Elliot Davison leads the team with 2 Ints.

* Team wise, UTSA is scoring 30.5 per game while giving up 25.4.

* After starting the year 1-3, they have rattled off four consecutive wins with Harris returning from injury.

* They have beat Temple (49-34), UAB (41-20), FAU (36-10) and ECU (41-27) during their win streak.

* Their other win was against TX State and their losses to Houston, Army and Tennessee.

If our defense can create some turnovers or get some stops, we can win this game, because I don't think they have faced an offense as explosive as our's.  They are a -8 in turnovers, so we have to increase this to have a shot.  I think it will be a close game with us winning late..

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I feel like a broken record… start fast, score early, don’t ever take your foot off the gas

I agree totally. Our defense isn't suddenly going to figure things out this week. We don't tackle well or create turnovers and UTSA will score a lot of points. We just have to hope for a couple of breaks and be ready to capitalize on them. Get TD's in the red zone. We can't turn the ball over and must stay away from offensive penalties putting us behind the chains. Probably need a blocked punt or KO return and maybe a special teams turnover. We seem to play them tough with the exception of the CUSA title game last year. I definitely like our chances better against them than vs. Smut next week. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1