That ESPN+ Crew...

Son of Spiriki

23 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Well I know all about the retiring La Tech Presidents tenure.  If I am into La Tech academics I am thrilled.  I was looking in the crowd to find the students with body paint spelling our Fortune 500 Partnerships.   I didn't see any.  Odd 🤷🏽‍♂️. 😂

Glad you commented, that was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen on a "football" broadcast, minor league for sure.  Even La Tech should know better than to bore it's audience in the middle of a good football game.  Props to the announcer for being able to do this with a straight face and at least semi keep up with the game. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Dang I didn’t even see that one and I criticized the down and distance errors.   And I would never have even exaggerated using 0th and Goal as fake example.  Wow  😂

I think that was on the 2-point try.  I guess the students doing down and distance didn't know what to put, lol.

5 hours ago, rcade said:

When I sync football games to radio, I pause the TV right after the ball is kicked on the opening kickoff and unpause when the radio catches up to that moment.

Same usually.   Yesterday I was using the Varsity app with Bluetooth to my sound system and was able to only pause a couple seconds on the ESPN+ broadcast to let the app audio catch up.

I had a friend that got me started with listening to all Cowboys games on radio while watching on TV in the 90s. I generally do that with all teams I care about to hear the home broadcast audio rather than "neutral" announcers. It's so much easier now to get all synced up with DVRs and so much through apps rather than broadcast tv and radio. 

• Upvote 1