Expectations on staff announcements

zenhuddy

So guys it appears our new coach is on the road and securing commits and this is awesome I think we all agree - but I’m just thinking to myself I better cool my expectations on staff info till at least mid to late next week - or I’m thinking at least. 
I do know he can use the phone while he’s in the car or on the plane and can talk to guys and I’m sure he already has done a ton of this but just think priority 1 is retaining key players and commits plus my money is on he’s adding some of his own - there are over a dozen from Washington State in the portal 😀 as an example. Wide Card being Cam as he seems like he’s bumming he’s there now - some debate on whether he has to sit a year or not - if not we got a good shot - he’d love our receivers (praying Shorter does not go P5) 

Just a few thoughts - do you mostly agree or think I’m off base? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

From a recruiting point we did not have a lot of openings so a few days probably doesn't put us too far behind. I also believe we still have time to get portal players based on who will be available. As I said elsewhere, not as worried on the offensive side, but more concerned who he brings in on the Defense and what players we can add on that side.

• Upvote 2

I just read article in USA Today listing combined salaries of assistant coaches by school. UNT was $1.8 million,Memphis  $2.7 ,USF $2.4,ECU $2.3,UTSA $2.1, FAU $1.7,UAB $1.3, and Charlotte $1.2.  No other AAC schools were listed but ULL was $2.0, and Coastal Carolina was the same as us. Looks like the price of poker went up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, wardly said:

I just read article in USA Today listing combined salaries of assistant coaches by school. UNT was $1.8 million,Memphis  $2.7 ,USF $2.4,ECU $2.3,UTSA $2.1, FAU $1.7,UAB $1.3, and Charlotte $1.2.  No other AAC schools were listed but ULL was $2.0, and Coastal Carolina was the same as us. Looks like the price of poker went up.

Hopefully any difference in what EM is making and what Seth made will stay in the pool. We need to pay our assistant coaches at the top of the AAC!

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, wardly said:

Betting that we will be in the $2.4M range with Morris. 

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 2