Sun, Nov 21 @Alabama

Tue, Nov 23 UNC-Wilimington

Sat, Nov 27 Lamar

Sat, Dec 4 TCU

Tue, Dec 7 @Texas

Sat, Dec 11 @UT-Pan American

Thu, Dec 16 Southern

Wed, Dec 22 Southeast Missouri State

Wed, Dec 29 @Chattanooga(Dr. Pepper Classic Basketball Tournament)

Thu, Dec 30 @Tennessee-Martin or Birmingham-Southern(Dr. Pepper Classic Basketball Tournament)

Sat, Jan 8 @New Mexico State*

Thu, Jan 13 @Denver*

Mon, Jan 17 @Florida International*

Thu, Jan 20 Arkansas-Little Rock*

Sat, Jan 22 Arkansas State*

Thu, Jan 27 @New Orleans*

Sat, Jan 29 @South Alabama*

Thu, Feb 3 Louisiana-Lafayette*

Sat, Feb 5 New Mexico State*

Thu, Feb 10 @Middle Tennessee*

Sat, Feb 12 Western Kentucky*

Mon, Feb 14 UT-Permian Basin

Thu, Feb 17 Denver*

Sat, Feb 19 @Louisiana-Lafayette*

Thu, Feb 24 New Orleans*

Sat, Feb 26 South Alabama*

(*-Sun Belt Confrence games)

Tue, Nov 23 UNC-Wilimington

Sat, Nov 27 Lamar

Sat, Dec 4 TCU

This is a pretty good home stretch. UNC-Wilmington has been to the tourney recently, Lamar is coached by Billy Tubbs (hope for a little Fake Billy on the Ticket) and TCU.

Friday night home games are not good for attendance, conflicts with traffic and high school football. :(

If those are kept on Friday night, I wonder if they could be moved to 8:00 tipoff. Is that too late for most fans? The later start would allow for a little pregame camaraderie.

I don't recall the schedule dates but I believe that these two Friday night games will be during the playoffs. Some playoffs could be on Friday but some are on Saturday, in conflict with college football games.

If they had the first game on Saturday, it would conflict with our last football home game vs. Idaho. If the second date were moved to Saturday it wouldn't be quite as bad but there would still be those that make the trek to Jonesboro that wouldn't be able to see it.

I don't recall the schedule dates but I believe that these two Friday night games will be during the playoffs.

Weeks 1 and 2 of the UIL Football playoffs, to be exact. While Ryan will find tougher going this year in 5-A, Denton HS will be a favorite in their 4-A district, and likely playing on both those nights.

Attendance at those games will be bad, potentially under 1,000.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Weeks 1 and 2 of the UIL Football playoffs, to be exact. While Ryan will find tougher going this year in 5-A, Denton HS will be a favorite in their 4-A district, and likely playing on both those nights.

Attendance at those games will be bad, potentially under 1,000.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Not everyone is high school football fans, although granted some Mean Green fans are, you won't see most of the students going to the games, going to high school playoffs games. But granted, attendence probably won't be that great considering the schools that we play in those two games, just like Hardin Simmons and SE OK St. last year.

Also I don't know if this will stay the same, but the men and women play on the same day in the Super Pit a total of 3 times: Nov. 19, Dec. 16, and Feb. 12. I am guessing that this to boost attendence to both games. On December 16th, the women's team has the nationally ranket UT Longhorns coming to the Super Pit.

Edited by NTEagle08

the whole stadium will have to be full of green for the TCU game. b/c you know that there will be allot of tcu fans there and I would hate for a home game for us  to turn into a home game for tcu

Unless the athletic department actually starts doing some marketing for basketball, don't hold your breath. We had a very weak showing against Baylor last year. The only hope is that the student section continues to grow as it did throughout the season last year.

Unless the athletic department actually starts doing some marketing for basketball, don't hold your breath. We had a very weak showing against Baylor last year. The only hope is that the student section continues to grow as it did throughout the season last year.

I've seen it grow throughout the year each and every year. We seem to start all over on the excitement level each new bball season though. I think it is exactly for the reason you mentioned, it is not even close to marketed. Joe Blow at school has no clue there is a bball game that night.

Guest e-bone

Joe Blow at school has no clue there is a bball game that night.

And Bingo was his Name-o.

The only marketing I saw for the basketball team's last season was an occasional commericial on ESPN. That probably works pretty well to get local sports fans to come by and see the team play, but the AD needs to try to get all the students in the dorms to go to games. The AD can do something about that, but RHA needs to do something about it also. RAs need to have schedules up in every hall in every dorm, and they need to try to make an event out of games. They usually have one game a season that they have RHA night or whatever, but every single game should be packed with dorm residents.