3 San Diego State Football Players Accused of Rape

Coach Andy Mac

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I have not forgotten Baylor. I wouldn't necessarily agree that celebrities are protected as much as they may just have better counsel. I think they're often targeted as well. There's a French soccer player currently going through trial and it was discovered through all this that one of the alleged victims Google searched his net worth prior to reporting her assault to police. Does it mean he didn't rape her? No, it doesn't. But it should at least make you question the validity of her accusation. Celebrities here are falsely accused just the same.

OMG dude, you really just load up for a reply and intentionally ignore the point huh? Who else has been falsely accused, it's like you keep a database of these poor poor celebrities. Thank god they have someone like you looking out for them.  

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Actually correct in Texas. Read the penal code. Section 22 covered assaults. Free to find online. I'll help you though, the actor has to have impaired the other with substances the other were unaware of or the other has to be unconscious or unable to physically defend themselves. Those are the subsections directly covering intoxication in sexual assaults.

wEll akshually...

I am not going to be baited into into some law debate over something so simple: if a woman is inebriated and passed out she cannot give consent and this is rape. You can split hairs all you want here, but you're once again you'll go out of your way to excuse it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 2
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@Coffee and TV, this is one of the rare times you and I don’t disagree but you know KingDL is going to lock this if you keep going back and forth with them. You could’ve made your case without specifically going after @GMG_Dallas. Bring it down a notch bro. @El Paso Eagleand @GMG_Dallasshould as well to keep us from locking down another thread. We can make arguments without attacking one another’s character here.

My post where I mention I'm a sexual assault victim is being downvoted. This whole board can burn for all I care. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Coffee and TV said:

OMG dude, you really just load up for a reply and intentionally ignore the point huh? Who else has been falsely accused, it's like you keep a database of these poor poor celebrities. Thank god they have someone like you looking out for them.  

wEll akshually...

I am not going to be baited into into some law debate over something so simple: if a woman is inebriated and passed out she cannot give consent and this is rape. You can split hairs all you want here, but you're once again you'll go out of your way to excuse it. 

"Inebriated and passed out..." so you agree being drunk on its own doesn't make it rape. Glad I could educate you on the legal standard. Hope you never become one of the 2% but if you do, hopefully you remember that information.

And no I don't keep a database. I'm just not blind to the fact that people often have ulterior motives when it comes to accusing celebrities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, GMG_Dallas said:

"Inebriated and passed out..." so you agree being drunk on its own doesn't make it rape. Glad I could educate you on the legal standard. Hope you never become one of the 2% but if you do, hopefully you remember that information.

And no I don't keep a database. I'm just not blind to the fact that people often have ulterior motives when it comes to accusing celebrities.

She’s a sexual assault victim.  Please show some compassion. And yes usually drunkenness and rape go hand in hand.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

There ya go dude, make sure you split those hairs and know the sexual assault laws forwards and backwards. Another interesting insight into your mind. 

I know the laws because I work in the field. Nothing interesting about it but thanks for implying I'm some sort of sick individual arming myself to victimize others.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Didn't think I attacked character but if I did, I apologize. I tried ignoring the character baits in the discussion.

I think he initiated it, not you. You made a comment and he insinuated there was some deficiency within you because of it.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

My post where I mention I'm a sexual assault victim is being downvoted. This whole board can burn for all I care. 

Come on friend, you bring value to this board whether we all agree with you or not. Nobody deserves what you went through but you know we gotta keep it civil or we get another locked thread. It’s the beginning of football season, best time of the year, the time where most have a little optimism. I’m gonna upvote you to offset the downvotes.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Sorry to hear that @Coffee and TV

please know me and many others appreciate your perspectives on here.

thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I think he initiated it, not you. You made a comment and he insinuated there was some deficiency within you because of it.

It's WEIRD. Who sees a story about football players raping someone and automatically brings up Duke Lacrosse? As if the other 1000 times it hits the newspapers the allegations or either true or at least merit the strong possibility that they are. Nah, this guy's gotta go to bat for those poor football players because one time some other athletes in another part of the country were actually wrongfully accused. 

Why am I the asshole for pointing this out? 

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m gonna upvote you to offset the downvotes.

imaginary internet points don't matter in the grand scheme, it's more the message someone is indirectly trying to send to you when they do that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

thank you. 

It's WEIRD. Who sees a story about football players raping someone and automatically brings up Duke Lacrosse? As if the other 1000 times it hits the newspapers the allegations or either true or at least merit the strong possibility that they are. Nah, this guy's gotta go to bat for those poor football players because one time some other athletes in another part of the country were actually wrongfully accused. 

Why am I the asshole for pointing this out? 

imaginary internet points don't matter in the grand scheme, it's more the message someone is indirectly trying to send to you when they do that. 

I hear what you are saying but he probably made the connection because myself and others are saying it looks real bad for this guy while he is saying that an accusation isn’t equivalent to a conviction. I get that but when I see folks like Kendall Sanders and Montrell Meander get off scot free because they were lawyered up Texas players it can be unsettling when you read the complaint against them. Either way anybody that feels as you do would know that without it being pointing it out while the others likely see it the same as him. Your different opinions don’t make either of you bad guys we just need to cool the ferocity of the debate, thats all. Harry built this board to unify us, not give us a place to rip each other apart.

PS. I don’t think you’re an asshole and whoever did that too you is a terrible person and I hope they have tried to right their wrongs if they are still around here like you said. The police are just as bad for not taking your complaint seriously.

Also, you make a valid point with your downvote comment but you included more statements than just the one about your assault so it is reasonable to assume they might’ve been disagreeing with those sections and not the assault part.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

while he is saying that an accusation isn’t equivalent to a conviction.

Yes, but my point is there's a lot of ways to say this without doing what he did. 

Are you familiar with the term rape culture? I know it sounds like some SJW bullshit but this is a fine example of it. When there are dozens if not hundreds of cases like this where famous people are accused of sexual assault or rape, rape culture is to perpetuate the myth by bringing up contrarian examples like this. It perpetuates the myth that victims simply make up stories for attention or money or revenge when it reality that is such a tiny tiny percentage of cases, not to mention the thousands throughout college campuses (or elsewhere in the world) where the victim never shares their story. 

Sure I'm maybe the cause of a lot of conflict on this board, but when your first instinct is to bring up a 15 year old case in North Carolina, or some dude you knew in college, as a rebuttal to allegations like this, you're damn right I'm going to raise an eyebrow at that sort of logic and call you out on it. If you guys feel that's too personal, sorry. 

32 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

whoever did that too you is a terrible person and I hope they have tried to right their wrongs if they are still around here like you said. The police are just as bad for not taking your complaint seriously.

Nothing besides a half-assed apology voicemail the next day. New Orleans PD never returned my call when I told them he had admitted guilt on this voicemail. Between this and the few times my home has been burglarized with a similar useless police response maybe that gives some insight into why I'm pretty anti-police on this board 🙂 

Edited by Coffee and TV
shame on me, a your/you're mistake
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m pretty sure he meant he hopes you don’t get falsely accused.

Correct.

26 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I hear what you are saying but he probably made the connection because myself and others are saying it looks real bad for this guy while he is saying that an accusation isn’t equivalent to a conviction.

Correct. There wasn't some sinister belief that she's lying when I made that comment. I was merely pointing out we should let the process play out. If true, I hope they get life in prison. Also, just because they're not convicted, doesn't mean they didn't do it. It could just be from a technicality or some weird defense like OJ. I'm just saying we only have one side of the story here. The investigation started 9 months ago. A lawsuit has been filed. A criminal trial hasn't started yet. Burning the guy alive so early in the process is irresponsible when people are being found wrongly convicted of murders and rapes all the time.

Edit: I'll add that I'm done replying to him on this subject. It's clear personal experiences are clouding judgement. Not blaming him for that but it's difficult to have a discussion when that's where somebody's mind is at.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Correct.

Okay, read it wrong then. Not worried I'll ever find myself in that situation either though, because I don't go around trying to pick up drunk women to bang. 

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Burning the guy alive so early in the process is irresponsible when people are being found wrongly convicted of murders and rapes all the time.

My dude you were the 5th reply in this thread and literally nobody to that point said anything about the accused except that he might be losing his job. You're very quick to defend a possible rapist when nobody in this thread was ever throwing him under the bus in the first place. VERY INTERESTING IS ALL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2