UNT Basketball defeated Charlotte last night

Jonnyeagle

For the 10th time this season the North Texas men's basketball team held an opponent to a season-low scoring.

The Mean Green (12-4, 5-1 C-USA) beat Charlotte Thursday night at the Super Pit 65-51 for their 10th win in their last 11 games.

UNT on Thursday was led by a variety of players as four scored in double figures. Tylor Perry led all scorers with 17 points and made five 3-pointers. North Texas kept the 49ers' preseason all-conference guard Jahmir Young in check for most of the night. Young finished with 10 points on 3-of-9 shooting.

"I'm proud of our team for fighting through some low offensive moments we had tonight," said Perry. "We know we're a really good team when we execute the game plan and play as a unit. I thought we did a really good job of that tonight but especially in the second half. Charlotte is a really good team so I'm really proud of how our team kept fighting."

Perry and Mardrez McBride combined for 10 of the Mean Green's 11 3-pointers Thursday night, which is the second-most they've made in a single game this season. McBride finished Thursday's game with 15 points. 

UNT led by just two points at halftime but shot the lights out in the second half as they outscored Charlotte (9-7, 2-2 C-USA) 43-31 in the final 20 minutes. The Mean Green made 15-of-23 (65.2 percent) in the second half and were six-of-seven from 3-point range. The 49ers didn't shoot bad in the second half (50 percent), they just couldn't keep pace with the shooting of the Mean Green.

"We know how electric the three can be," McBride said. "Especially at home it can really change a game and it really carried us in the second half."

After a low scoring first half that saw UNT be held to a first-half season low 22 points, the Mean Green came out firing as they scored eight points in the second half's first two minutes. McBride sank back-to-back 3-pointers to give UNT some breathing room. A few minutes later, North Texas saw its lead grow to double digits where they'd keep it for most of the rest of the game. 

Aaron Scott, who entered Thursday as the league's freshman leader in field goal percentage and offensive rebounds, scored seven points off the bench and grabbed a season-high 13 rebounds. The two-time C-USA Freshman of the Week honoree also entered the game in the top five among league freshmen in scoring and total rebounds. 

Next up for North Texas they host Old Dominion Saturday from the Super Pit. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. CT. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+ and the Mean Green Sports Network, which can be found on The Varsity App. 

TICKETS FOR SATURDAY'S GAME HERE!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:
For the 10th time this season the North Texas men's basketball team held an opponent to a season-low scoring.

The Mean Green (12-4, 5-1 C-USA) beat Charlotte Thursday night at the Super Pit 65-51 for their 10th win in their last 11 games.

UNT on Thursday was led by a variety of players as four scored in double figures. Tylor Perry led all scorers with 17 points and made five 3-pointers. North Texas kept the 49ers' preseason all-conference guard Jahmir Young in check for most of the night. Young finished with 10 points on 3-of-9 shooting.

"I'm proud of our team for fighting through some low offensive moments we had tonight," said Perry. "We know we're a really good team when we execute the game plan and play as a unit. I thought we did a really good job of that tonight but especially in the second half. Charlotte is a really good team so I'm really proud of how our team kept fighting."

Perry and Mardrez McBride combined for 10 of the Mean Green's 11 3-pointers Thursday night, which is the second-most they've made in a single game this season. McBride finished Thursday's game with 15 points. 

UNT led by just two points at halftime but shot the lights out in the second half as they outscored Charlotte (9-7, 2-2 C-USA) 43-31 in the final 20 minutes. The Mean Green made 15-of-23 (65.2 percent) in the second half and were six-of-seven from 3-point range. The 49ers didn't shoot bad in the second half (50 percent), they just couldn't keep pace with the shooting of the Mean Green.

"We know how electric the three can be," McBride said. "Especially at home it can really change a game and it really carried us in the second half."

After a low scoring first half that saw UNT be held to a first-half season low 22 points, the Mean Green came out firing as they scored eight points in the second half's first two minutes. McBride sank back-to-back 3-pointers to give UNT some breathing room. A few minutes later, North Texas saw its lead grow to double digits where they'd keep it for most of the rest of the game. 

Aaron Scott, who entered Thursday as the league's freshman leader in field goal percentage and offensive rebounds, scored seven points off the bench and grabbed a season-high 13 rebounds. The two-time C-USA Freshman of the Week honoree also entered the game in the top five among league freshmen in scoring and total rebounds. 

Next up for North Texas they host Old Dominion Saturday from the Super Pit. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. CT. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+ and the Mean Green Sports Network, which can be found on The Varsity App. 

TICKETS FOR SATURDAY'S GAME HERE!

You really need to start linking to articles, man. unless you are writing these...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I had no link to post.  This was sent to my email box.

My emails from the same list have links.  Maybe your setup is different.  Regardless, these are usually disseminations of content on MGS.com.

Copying-pasting content on the internet without providing a source is just not a good look.  I would avoid doing it if there is no link.

• Upvote 5