Bogman’s Best College Football Bets for Week 11 (2021)

Tom McKrackin

UTEP (-0.5) @ North Texas

I feel like UTEP was overrated last week and after the loss to UTSA if feel like they are underrated this week.  UTEP is 6-3 with one of the easier schedules, the combined record of the 6 teams they have beat is 11-43, a 20.3 winning percentage.  North Texas has 3 wins and the team’s records combined are 6-21, a 22.2 winning percentage.  I like UTEP here because they play a little better defense, they rank in the top 50 in defensive scoring, passing, and rushing.  North Texas has a great rushing offense and ranks 11th in rushing offense, the two FBS teams they have beat rank 77th (Southern Miss) and 100th (Rice).  UTEP is ranked 21st in run defense so far and will be the best rushing defense that North Texas has played this season, in the other game that UNT played against a top 25 rushing defense they lost 40-6 (UAB).  North Texas top RB DeAndre Torrey played last week but left early in the 2nd quarter and didn’t come back and that was before North Texas had even scored.  All 3 of the losses for UTEP have come against teams that were double-digit favorites.  Neither of these teams are good but I think UTEP is clearly the superior team and they just have to win by 1 point, take the Miners!

Read more:  https://www.bettingpros.com/articles/bogmans-best-college-football-bets-for-week-11-2021/

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

There you go, we suck worse than UTEP.

I think this UTEP is much better than typical UTEP, even if they are overrated.

I'm not really paying attention for wins right now (to be clear, I'm rooting for a Mean Green win).  I find myself moreso dialed into a few other things, 1) the players that are emerging the last couple weeks, and/or 2) signs that point us in the direction Wren might go with SL and potential replacements.

• Upvote 2