A bold move...

Jonnyeagle

13 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

No thank you. He’s finished.

His bully-motivation tactics don’t work anymore, and he’s clueless on the new worlds of the transfer portal and NIL.

Look at his recruiting class rankings. 2020 23rd nationally, 2019 31st, and 2018 25 ranking nationally. I think we can put to rest he can't attract kids (tactics) and he is burned out. Don't know if we fit, but if he wants to stay in the area it could be a match. He built TCU!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Look at his recruiting class rankings. 2020 23rd nationally, 2019 31st, and 2018 25 ranking nationally. I think we can put to rest he can't attract kids (tactics) and he is burned out. Don't know if we fit, but if he wants to stay in the area it could be a match. He built TCU!

I think you are right.  We need to move quickly though!  If we can offer him a quick move to take over the job he might skip all of the interviews with other schools which I am certain he would like to avoid.  This guy is a terrific builder!

• Upvote 1

Lou Henson came out of retirement, wanting to volunteer to help the NMSU basketball program.  State law dictated that he couldn't work for free, so there was an agreement to work for $1/month.

Is Patterson worth a ton of money? yes.  Will his next employer have to pay him a ton of money? maybe.

Just throwing that out there.  Unless you've heard it from the horse's mouth, don't make assumptions about what they want.

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I didn’t say he couldn’t recruit.

If his tactics were effective, the teams’s play would match its recruiting rankings.