High School QB Throws 13 TD's...in One Game

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Gotta wonder if something was said pregame or during the game by the other team to get them to do that.

Good point, but there are HS coaches out there that have a god complex and want to rub it in when they can. One of the HS out here went through a stretch where they were playing well and the coach would leave his starters in the whole game to runup the scores.

Something to be real proud of, coaches should be fired.  

I can't think of any circumstances that would justify that kind of sportsmanship.  

My old high school after I was gone and they got good, would routinely punt on first down against beat opponents in the second half.  

Embarrassing maybe, but not as much as +70 point loses.   

• Upvote 3

On 10/31/2021 at 7:47 PM, GrandGreen said:

Something to be real proud of, coaches should be fired.  

I can't think of any circumstances that would justify that kind of sportsmanship.  

My old high school after I was gone and they got good, would routinely punt on first down against beat opponents in the second half.  

Embarrassing maybe, but not as much as +70 point loses.   

I don’t know.  I was on the wrong side of a few beat downs and I would have been fighting mad if the other team had ever punted on first down.  I’m against running up the score, but I’m of the belief that 70-0 could be keeping it close, while 42-14 could be running it up.  It’s the circumstances, not the final score.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:33 PM, NT93 said:

I don’t know.  I was on the wrong side of a few beat downs and I would have been fighting mad if the other team had ever punted on first down.  I’m against running up the score, but I’m of the belief that 70-0 could be keeping it close, while 42-14 could be running it up.  It’s the circumstances, not the final score.

Generally, I agree with you, but the starters should all have been pulled in the third when the clock was running, IMO.  Plus, you hand the ball off.  You don't keep throwing.

Edited by LongJim

2 hours ago, LongJim said:

Generally, I agree with you, but the starters should all have been pulled in the third when the clock was running, IMO.  Plus, you hand the ball off.  You don't keep throwing.

I agree.  I should have stated in my post that I felt as though the game linked was definitely running up the score.

• Upvote 1