What can the Mavs do to not waste his talent? I would hate to see him leave. Kristaps Porzingis has not been able to stay healthy and there are those who say Luka is not a big fan of Carlisle. For all of the talk of how Cuban looks after his players, he cant seem to land big-time free agents. Not sure Luka will stay around like Dirk did. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2

I've not heard about the Carlisle dynamic - sources? Are you talking about him being upset about calling the timeout? Wouldn't read much into that.

Best thing we can do is try to integrate KP. His value is at rock bottom right now - you will not be able to move that contract. Interest in him was mild at best before his latest injury and would be non-existent right now. 

I'm very worried for Mavs ability to attract talent with our limited space - our best bet is some veterans giving us a sweetheart deal.

41 minutes ago, MDH said:

I've not heard about the Carlisle dynamic - sources? Are you talking about him being upset about calling the timeout? Wouldn't read much into that.

Best thing we can do is try to integrate KP. His value is at rock bottom right now - you will not be able to move that contract. Interest in him was mild at best before his latest injury and would be non-existent right now. 

I'm very worried for Mavs ability to attract talent with our limited space - our best bet is some veterans giving us a sweetheart deal.

Had seen it mentioned on ESPN and a couple of talk shows. Not sure how big of an issue it is; guess time will tell. 

I'm not hopeful for any sweetheart deals unless they can add another piece that makes a veteran looking for a ring think he can come to Dallas and get one. I just don't have a lot of faith in Cuban. 

• Upvote 1

It's tough for me to be harsh on KP because he tore his meniscus, got very little recovery time, then got no practice and by the time he came back everyone was fine with Luka having a 35%+ usage rate. Efficient or not, Luka in the playoffs was doing the exact same thing people got on Harden for years ago, being far too ball dominant. However KP has no one but himself to blame for why his post game is non existent, why he gets shut down by much smaller defenders, and his overall attitude.

Also, yes, fire Donnie Nelson, like yesterday. I don't care that he wanted Giannis 8 years ago, there is no other GM who could miss as much as he has and still be employed. Just an abysmal track record for the most part. I would also fire Rick if forced to make a decision though I can see the case for bringing him back as well. I just HATE his reluctance of giving younger players a chance. They aren't going to develop in the G League or at the end of the bench. 

• Upvote 2