DRC: Three yards and Bean in a pile? Maybe not, but we could be seeing a shift in UNT's philosophy

Brett Vito

7 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Wish we would run the triple option out of the shotgun. We have the RB's and have the QB to bust one open which forces the Defense to take him seriously 

Well you gotta get a coach who would do that lol

Seth isn’t the guy for that...

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well you gotta get a coach who would do that lol

Seth isn’t the guy for that...

Im not saying all the time, Just mix that in there. The defense would implode with Bean, Siggers and Torrey/Adaway randomly running the triple option in the back field. 2 WR/ 1 TE set or 3 WR Set. Seems like a fun little package to throw in there with PA Pass

• Upvote 2

I doubt Bean is the best running NT QB in history, but I have no doubt he is the fastest.

If he can be just an average passer, he is a weapon that is very rare.

Bean looked very good in the last game, he was a surprize that he won't be in the future. 

Having said that, I have high hopes he may turn into a very special player.  He  with more experience could be conference mvp quality.  

As far as changing to a run first offense, it is highly unlikely unless there is a coaching change.  Also consider that other than maybe rbs, wide receivers is NT's strongest position group. 

Edited by GrandGreen