ESPNews just said the Cowboys agreed with Johnson on a 4 year, 20 million deal.

Before anyone says "he is overrated", "he is a punk", let's go over some things. First of all, he wrote his famous book after a year with Rich Kotex, I mean Kotite. When Bill came along, he straightend out his act and played hard and well for him. Keyshawn wasn't the only one with Gruden issues, but the Bucs used him a posterboy for the other "problems". He will have no disciplinary, or team chemistry problems as long as Parcells is in charge. Now if Campo were still here, good Lord, I can't imagine what he would try to pull off.

DON'T expect Johnson to post gaudy touchdown or yards per catch numbers, that's not what he does.

DO expect Johnson to go over the middle, be a target on third downs, and BLOCK, none of which happend with Cowboy recievers last season.

They said the Cowboys can trade Galloway or other players. It seems like it would be Galloway because of his cap number, but I think Parcells like Galloway. We will see, and remember to trust in Big Bill. wink.gif

DON'T expect Johnson to post gaudy touchdown or yards per catch numbers, that's not what he does.

DO expect Johnson to go over the middle, be a target on third downs, and BLOCK, none of which happend with Cowboy recievers last season.

Is that worth $5 million per year? Wait three years and draft Johnny Quinn and spend this on a good running back, pass rushing defensive end, or QB. Then again, just wait until next year and draft Patrick Cobbs and then you only need a QB and the Dend.

Edited by UNTLifer

Actually, they would lower their payroll if they sent Galloway. I believe he was due at least 6 million this season. The Cowboys already had the fourth most cap room in the league and with this and the release of Ryan Young, have even more room. They still have plenty of room to go get a good running back (I am pulling for Greg Jones and either Corey Dillon or Duce Staley if Dillon isn't avaliable) defensive end, and probably cornerback. Keyshawns salary won't be a concern in the near future. Look at the big signings today, it's not like the Cowboys are spending recklessly like the Skins or taking huge risks like the Eagles.

The Bucs are actually thinking about taking a 4th or 5th round pick in '05 instead of Galloway... does that tell you how far his value has fallen. They want to pay him around 1 million for 1 year only... I have a feeling the Bucs are going to take the pick and the Cowboys are going to cut Galloway in June.