Giovanni Vizza

hickoryhouse

15 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Yeah, this is old news.  It's been hard for me to place blame on Giovanni.  He played for freaking Todd Dodge with zero offensive line and basically got hit like a Mack Truck forty times a game.  I don't think I would've stuck around for four years of violent futility. 

It didn't help that Vizza came here from Alamo Heights, the Southlake of San Antonio. The stadium and locker room he played in at Alamo Heights was MUCH nicer than anything he experienced here.

Vizza was gritty while in a game, but knowing Riley Dodge was on his tail and that his dad was probably going to give his son the reins to the offense all combined with the points above to give Vizza the reasons to quit.

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

but knowing Riley Dodge was on his tail and that his dad was probably going to give his son the reins to the offense all combined with the points above to give Vizza the reasons to quit.

Yeah, I forgot about that factor.  Riley could've contracted a raging case of AIDS, lost three of his four limbs, gotten multiple DWI arrests with a child in the car, smoked a little doobage with his receiving corps, and stolen several televisions from Walmart, and he was still gonna be the starting quarterback. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

It didn't help that Vizza came here from Alamo Heights, the Southlake of San Antonio. The stadium and locker room he played in at Alamo Heights was MUCH nicer than anything he experienced here.

Vizza was gritty while in a game, but knowing Riley Dodge was on his tail and that his dad was probably going to give his son the reins to the offense all combined with the points above to give Vizza the reasons to quit.

Except that Dodge had Riley playing WR with Vizza throwing to him.

As much as people keep thinking this... the writing was not on the wall for Vizza.  He was going to be the starting QB... if he wasn't so scared.   Hoping he can impart some of his "transferer" knowledge to the Roadrunners.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

I have no idea why Vizza left.  He was a good QB on a very bad team who took an awful beating.  I really doubt it was because he was afraid of competition from the coach's' son.  He seems to me to be fearless on the field.  

It may have been he was tired of football, health issues, he thought he could walk on at A&M and play, he disliked the NT coaching staff or some other rationale.   It would be interesting to find out, but we probably never will.