All Bowl games actually matter

Coach Bill Lewis

On 1/23/2017 at 8:03 PM, Coach Bill Lewis said:

This is why we need more not less bowls.

https://capturehighered.com/enrollment-a...niversity/

No we need more quality bowls in the right location, on the right day of the week at the right time of day, against the right opponent.  I am sorry but playing ULM in the "I have never heard of your company or product" -Bowl on a Wednesday afternoon in Provo, Utah isn't going to do anything significant when it comes to enrollment.  UNT has problems but low enrollment  is not one of them.

Edited by Mike Jackson
grammar
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

No we need more quality bowls in the right location, on the right day of the week at the right time of date, against the right opponent.  I am sorry but playing ULM in the "I have never heard of your company or product" -Bowl on a Wednesday afternoon in Provo, Utah isn't going to do anything significant when it comes to enrollment.  UNT has problems but low enrollment  is not one of them.

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in Austin projects North Texas to reach 45,000 in enrollment I presume sooner than later.   We seem to be building facilities and dorms already to meet their goal for our school.