Tee Goree and Willie Robinson Update

TheReal_jayD

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

An "air raid" offense with more rushing attempts than passing attempts? One with more than double the rushing TDs than passing? That air raid offense?

hey thats what they call it.. we can differ on whether or not Goree was a disappointment this year... but averaging less than 4 passes caught a game is terrible for a #1... lol the LA Tech WR Henderson had more TDs in 1 game than Goree averages catches... 

But again.. this was a disappointing year for him... and just because he has the best numbers on a crappy WRs core doesnt make him great.. someone has to catch it.. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

hey thats what they call it.. we can differ on whether or not Goree was a disappointment this year... but averaging less than 4 passes caught a game is terrible for a #1... lol the LA Tech WR Henderson had more TDs in 1 game than Goree averages catches... 

But again.. this was a disappointing year for him... and just because he has the best numbers on a crappy WRs core doesnt make him great.. someone has to catch it.. 

Sure, ok...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Lots of speculation here, unless someone knows the details; I am not sure how valid their opinions are.  

Certainly not a good development for the two players involved, but they may take this as a wake up call and comeback more dedicated than ever.  Again not a very valid argument because it is not backed up with knowledge, but a more positive twist.

As far as the offense, it should be clear that this is not the offense they want to run; but the offense that reflects their personnel.  NT has a very weak receiving corp and inexperienced QB's at this point and a relatively strong rb position.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If you think T was a disappointment, then you need to make that generalization about the entire offense.  Relative to everyone else, Goree is doing just fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If you think T was a disappointment, then you need to make that generalization about the entire offense.  Relative to everyone else, Goree is doing just fine.

Yes he is doing fine.. but he isn't have the year that everyone expected nor up the standards that the staff thought/believed that he would have.. that is a disappointment plus another thing that is factor as well is averaging less than 10 yards a catch as well... Tee has the ability to be better than average, and that was noticeable on his TD catch and run vs LaTech

Also, it would be dumb for either guy to leave the team.. Robinson was having a solid year and could get a scholarship depending on how it works out in terms of where he would count and that.. and Goree i don't think would leave either

• Upvote 1

I agree that Tee has not met expectations from when he was signed. He was, however, our second best receiver, imo, with the highest unrealized upside. So this hurts.

If this was for weed then SL is an idiot and I don't think he is an idiot. College kids smoke weed and all of us will be able to do it legally in the next few years. 

I must assume it was for something serious and am impressed that our coach is a person of integrity who doesn't overlook evil (like Art Briles) to try and win football games. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I agree that Tee has not met expectations from when he was signed. He was, however, our second best receiver, imo, with the highest unrealized upside. So this hurts.

If this was for weed then SL is an idiot and I don't think he is an idiot. College kids smoke weed and all of us will be able to do it legally in the next few years.

I must assume it was for something serious and am impressed that our coach is a person of integrity who doesn't overlook evil (like Art Briles) to try and win football games. 

Your opinion.  Today, smoking weed is a crime regardless of your personal stance on the practice.  Your quote could easily read, "Well, all college kids shoot herion..."  Doesn't make it legal.  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

It depends on the situation.  The things you see reported with teams are probably about 25% of the bad stuff that actually happens.  There's a whole lot more incidents that don't go public.

As far as weed, I would assume that half the team smokes.  Some are smart and do it in the offseason.  I'm sure there are several weed cases with this team and all college football teams. Teams do their own testing and usually know all the weed smokers before the ncaa comes.  Same with NFL.  If a player is suspended for drugs, he has most likely failed several drug tests and been given several chances.  Rarely is it just a first time offense, and that is why there is no mercy when there is a suspension.

If these guys were suspended for weed, it would not be for a first time offense.  We would barely have a team if that were the case.  It would be for multiple violations or doing something real reckless like something that would get the attention of the authorities and the media.  Failing a team drug test would be considered minor. Failing an ncaa test is major.  Getting busted on campus in the dorms by a coach may be considered minor.  Getting caugh on an airplane traveling with the team would be major.  Just examples.

Edited by GOMG2013
  • Upvote 2