Watching our offense at Washington State take it to Stanford

NorthTexan95

3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

They are looking very sharp.  Hopefully that's what we have to look forward to in the coming years. 

As am I. They also have a 1st round draft pick throwing the ball around in the O though. Same concepts we run though. Just more advanced give Falks stage in his career, and of course his talent. I wish we would waggle Fine. I know it's not really in the playbook for air raid, but it fits his strengths. I also wish we would give him hi/lo options on his routes. He was basically being told to find the slot in the soft zone and zip it in there. When it wasn't there he would double and once even triple clutch the ball. Granted, once it was there with Buyers for big gain down to the 6 or 7 of Marshall for a big gain. They are giving him half field reads a lot, as in not even paying attention at all to the other side of the field. It appears to be coached that way at times given the route/player personnel on the throwing side of the field. That is fine and dandy, but there has to be another option there when that guy isn't there in the zone. Check downs aren't really a big thing in the air raid either. Mike Leach and Littrell put their backs into actual routes very often. They run a 2-back set a lot so they can hot route one and keep one in the backfield to pick up. So, this is a difficult thing to grab a hold onto for a true freshman and I think that is why we are seeing a lot of these sacks. I would like to see them get an OL on the outside and give him some hi/lo's. I think that could be very beneficial for Fine. 

***Also...Please, please, please stop using Fine in the run game so much. Let him improvise when need be as any good QB would. But don't call it out for him to run on essential power plays between the tkls. Also, please teach him to avoid contact. At this pace, his reps are limited. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

***Also...Please, please, please stop using Fine in the run game so much. Let him improvise when need be as any good QB would. But don't call it out for him to run on essential power plays between the tkls. Also, please teach him to avoid contact. At this pace, his reps are limited. 

100% agreed, but man that draw for the touchdown was pretty. 

• Upvote 1