Just looking for objective opinions

Gonegreen68

I apologize if there was a better  place to post this. Since there are plenty of people on here with experience evaluating HS talent I was hoping to get a few opinions on this young man. No he's not my kid. Just from my area. He's only a junior. 6'3 190#. Should be a handful by the end of next season. Thanks in advance. Comment or PM me. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5046615/highlights/224757383/v2

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5046615/highlights/314755410/v2#

Edited by Gonegreen68
  • Upvote 2

I apologize if there was a better  place to post this. Since there are plenty of people on here with experience evaluating HS talent I was hoping to get a few opinions on this young man. No he's not my kid. Just from my area. He's only a junior. 6'3 190#. Should be a handful by the end of next season. Thanks in advance. Comment or PM me. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5046615/highlights/224757383/v2

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5046615/highlights/314755410/v2#

kid has some wheels! looks like he has talent and potential 

• Upvote 1

Kid can run.  RV mentioned on the podcast they wanted to start getting longer players that could run and also put on beef.  Need to get him to attend a camp.

He's working with a trainer now. Skipping basketball to concentrate on football. Goal is a lean 210# but keep that 4.5 or better. Here's the crazy thing. He loves UNT. Met Mac at the Friday Night lights camp last year and was impressed with what he had to say. Loves the campus. He did an unofficial visit to NT this season but with all the coaches changing who knows. He's recieved letters since his sophomore year from a few schools but I'd love to see him in green! He'll earn a spot somewhere. It's hard for me to see him without my homer glasses. Lol

He's never played defense but will his senior year due to a lack of players. We only have about 23 kids total. We will see!

Wow.  Crazy!! That will be good for him.  It is hard to tell because of how close the film is due to the stands.  Kid is Physically put together.  Have him come to the UNT camp you never know what could happen. 

Edited by GMG24

The kid has some hands.  I like the way he attacks the ball, much like players such as Dez and Megatron.  Needs a bit more size on him for the way he plays, but a college strength training program will do the trick. Looks like a really physical receiver. Hard to tell from the camera angle but looks a bit unpolished as a route runner.  Has good speed, guessing 4.5-4.6?  

Wow.  Crazy!! That will be good for him.  It is hard to tell because of how close the film is due to the stands.  Kid is Physically put together.  Have him come to the UNT camp you never know what could happen. 

"how close the film is to due the stands". 

Heck he was on a bucket all the way on the top row! That's almost 20'!

"how close the film is to due the stands". 

Heck he was on a bucket all the way on the top row! That's almost 20'!

Haha Thats awesome! At my HS (before press box's were 5000 feet away) we had a tower.  They had to climb up 3-4 stories.  The visiting coaches "pressbox" was one level beneath where we filmed.  

Hard to tell from the camera angle but looks a bit unpolished as a route runner.  

He needs lots of work in this area. Would like to see how he does in and out of cuts.

Nice size, good tracking and body control. Can get separation.

If he were faster I wouldn't mind him running just one route. Flashes some wiggle, but need moar routes please.

Goal is a lean 210#

I'd like to see how does in the slot at this size. Hopefully the trainer works on his explosiveness in small spaces.

Overall, solid potential, worth keeping on radar, needs some refinement.

He needs lots of work in this area. Would like to see how he does in and out of cuts.

Nice size, good tracking and body control. Can get separation.

If he were faster I wouldn't mind him running just one route. Flashes some wiggle, but need moar routes please.

I'd like to see how does in the slot at this size. Hopefully the trainer works on his explosiveness in small spaces.

Overall, solid potential, worth keeping on radar, needs some refinement.

Thanks for the input. Kirbyville has traditionally been a run first, run fast, run often team but Devin keeps the defense honest as deep pass threat. Raw but with some hard work and coaching I think he will do well. 

• Upvote 1