DRC: Tre Johnson making big impact as small return man

Brett Vito

He runs like a man with his hair on fire. He is the REAL DEAL and provided one of the few sparks last week. He seems to have another gear. Let's get him lined up in the slot. Lets get him some jet sweeps and some bubble screens. I want him back their returning every kick because it is only a matter of time before he breaks one. Or before he gets annihilated American Gladiator style.

I hear about him in reports from fall practice. What I don't understand is why it's taken so long to get him in the lineup as a regular return man. 

5'6" X 153 huh. Sounds like the second coming of Carlen Charleston (5'5" X 155).......#42 on your program.

Addendum: If this young man has functioned as both a receiver AND a RB, how about one of those WR speed (or whatever it's called) running plays? 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

I hear about him in reports from fall practice. What I don't understand is why it's taken so long to get him in the lineup as a regular return man. 

5'6" X 153 huh. Sounds like the second coming of Carlen Charleston (5'5" X 155).......#42 on your program.

I was thinking along the lines of Ja'mel Branch from the Dickey days who went 5'7" 170lbs.

Trust an old man. Charleston was better.

Not disputing you AT ALL. I've only been following since 1994 so I don't have as much history to go on. He's the first one that came to mind. Ja'mel was never the same after the vicious illegal hit he took on the punt return vs MUTS.

Not disputing you AT ALL. I've only been following since 1994 so I don't have as much history to go on. He's the first one that came to mind. Ja'mel was never the same after the vicious illegal hit he took on the punt return vs MUTS.

Could be. Was that before or after the 02 Texas game that we lost 0-27? Because Ja'Mel really put us in a hole in that game with some bad decisions on KO.

You guys remember the Ty Jackson from the 2000-ish team? LISTED at 5-7 and 170. Darrell Dickey told us the story at one of the pre-season banquets about the hit TJ took in the a game the prior season. The hit was vicious, so Darrell walks over to make sure TJ is okay. He hears Walter Priestly ask TJ where his helmet is? TJ points to the third row of the student section and walks to the bench. Darrell shook his head, glanced into the third row of the student section, then told Kevin Howard "I guess you get to take kicks for the rest of this one.. when we find it that helmet is probably cracked". I laugh hard every time I think of that story. Ahhh, the good old days.

GMG!!