How do we feel about Lincoln Riley?

All About UNT

in deed he is. Home town of yours truely and Lincoln. He graduated with my brother and is top notch. Guy has a photographic memory and was on my original list. I actually tried to pull any strings I had to get dodge to hire him when they were all let go at Tech.  I'll promise you this, if we don't hire him, we will look back at him like we do harbaugh one day. 

Yes!  It must have been you posting those things back in the day.  I remembered it being someone with connections to him directly.

He called us.

I figured he would have interest in the job.  I like him better than Briles for sure.
1.  Leach disciple.
2.  Extensive time as an OC for the best team in C-USA (certainly the best offense while he was there).  Learned HC strategies from a defensive-minded HC.
3.  Was chosen as OC by Bob Stoops and has no doubt gained valuable new ideas under his brief tutelage.

Abilene is part of West Texas because Abilene High/Cooper were in the Little SWC along with Midland High/Lee and Odessa High/Permian.

For all intents & purposes, once you cross the Brazos on I-20, you're in 'West Texas'.   Abilene calls their area the 'Big Country'.

• Upvote 1

Yes!  It must have been you posting those things back in the day.  I remembered it being someone with connections to him directly.

I figured he would have interest in the job.  I like him better than Briles for sure.1.  Leach disciple.
2.  Extensive time as an OC for the best team in C-USA (certainly the best offense while he was there).  Learned HC strategies from a defensive-minded HC.
3.  Was chosen as OC by Bob Stoops and has no doubt gained valuable new ideas under his brief tutelage.

For all intents & purposes, once you cross the Brazos on I-20, you're in 'West Texas'.   Abilene calls their area the 'Big Country'.

If I'm not mistaken, Ruffin McNeil, Riley's boss at ECU, was a defensive coordinator as well.  So, he's had two guys to buffer Leach's ridiculous go-for-it-on-fourth/damn-my-defense's-lung-capacity mentality.

Also, I think Norvell's boss, Graham, was a defensive guy.  So, I think either - in theory - won't be as reckless as Leach has been throughout his career about putting his defense out on the field too often.

Edited by HarringtonFishSmeller

This kind of got me excited so I guess that means I'd be happy if he were to get the job. 

By contrast, a post the other day about Briles made me a bit uneasy.  As I mentioned before, Briles was who I initially thought of when I heard the news about Mac.

I guess Riley is the leader in the clubhouse for me, but there are a few names mentioned that I would be on board with as well.