UNT Board of Regents approves 2016 budget

Harry

For 2016, the budget sets aside $70 million in tuition revenue bonds from the state legislature to begin building a new College of Visual Arts and Design Building and $8 million for continuing student Union construction. A total $15.5 million in revenue financing system bonds was budgeted for Science Research Building renovations.

The Coliseum, which has not had major renovations since it was built in 1973, will receive $5.5 million for renovations. Fouts Field, which was partially demolished 3 years ago, will be completely demolished and replaced with a track and field facility.

Another $2 million will be spent bringing Wooten Hall up to fire code after an evaluation found multiple violations last spring. McConnell Hall, which houses the TAMS program, will also be brought up to fire code. The second floor of Sycamore Hall, which has been vacant since 2014, will be renovated, along with the first and second floors of Bruce Hall.

The budget sets aside an additional $3 million for construction of the former Sack ‘n’ Save, but there are not yet plans in place to develop the area.

The South side of Parking Lot 40 near Fraternity Row will be demolished, making room for more residence halls. Parking and transportation improvements coming from a $1.3 million in the budget are not specified.

The UNT Health Science Center is expected to earn $308.2 million in revenue in 2016 and budgeted for $283.2 million in expenditures. If approved, construction on a new Interdisciplinary Research Building, which will house laboratories, a vivarium, teaching labs, study areas, seminar rooms and more classrooms, will begin in September.

UNT Dallas will receive $1.6 million toward infrastructure renovations, including water, gas, electric and telecommunications services. The project is the first part of a plan to add a Student Learning and Success Center.

Read more:  http://ntdaily.com/budget-shows-1-2-percent-decrease-in-student-aid/

• Harry featured this topic

A total $15.5 million in revenue financing system bonds was budgeted for Science Research Building renovations.

ADzKwzm.gif

For the last three years the SRB has been "water damaged."  In actuality, it was over run by spider monkeys.   Not the normal monkey, a half-monkey/half-spider mutant.  

Hey when you screw around with super science sometimes things go wrong.  

• Upvote 5

Another $2 million will be spent bringing Wooten Hall up to fire code after an evaluation found multiple violations last spring. 

Well, that's officially the most Wooten thing ever written. That poor building. I basically earned two degrees in that thing. If it had burned down, I would spend my life raising money to build an exact replica....

ADzKwzm.gif

For the last three years the SRB has been "water damaged."  In actuality, it was over run by spider monkeys.   Not the normal monkey, a half-monkey/half-spider mutant.  

Hey when you screw around with super science sometimes things go wrong.  

If only that we true, I would imagine that the Department of Defense would write UNT a big check for a monkey/spider hybrid. 

• Upvote 1

Well, that's officially the most Wooten thing ever written. That poor building. I basically earned two degrees in that thing. If it had burned down, I would spend my life raising money to build an exact replica...

My professor was just joking yesterday about the odds the building catching fire this year 

So the new track facility will go where Fouts is?   A parking facility was supposed to go there and the track facility was going to go by the tennis center.  Do they have an updated Master Plan document for public consumption?

http://www.untsystem.edu/pdfs/Master Plans/2013/UNT_FinalReport_2013.pdf

The Daily writer is off just in how she worded it. The 2013 plan is still happening and the new T&F facilities will be built in the Village.

Also, the return of HEAF funds is huge.

• Upvote 2