Vito's Signing Day Blog Entry

emmitt01

Rivals has us 108th out of 129 programs, and 9th in CUSA.I can't tell if this is a commitment or signings list,but close enough for government work.

Rivals is not kept up to par with the other sites IMO. There are never up to date with current recruits or commits and from what I have gathered there is never a reevaluation of recruits either. They slap a rating on them and it usually sticks regardless of their offer list. I personally think 247 Sports does way more due diligence in comparison to Rivals.

• Upvote 1

Rivals is not kept up to par with the other sites IMO. There are never up to date with current recruits or commits and from what I have gathered there is never a reevaluation of recruits either. They slap a rating on them and it usually sticks regardless of their offer list. I personally think 247 Sports does way more due diligence in comparison to Rivals.

This is true for schools like us. Rivals is still very active with schools who have active subsites on rivals. We do not, so unless a kid who commits to us personally contacts rivals (or their coach does) to update their commitment, they won't bother. Brad Hoiseth does a good job tracking JUCOs nationally, so all our JUCOs are listed.

I have also noticed that regardless of who the lower tier P5 programs such as the ones that many on here want to schedule a game with at Apogee do not have anything special in their classes. They get that bump up in recruiting based on affiliation. Prime example is lowly Wake Forest. Their headliner of their class was a TE that at one point and time had a Miami and Alabama offer, but since he committed to Wake its very likely both of those offers were pulled. They had a couple of other guys with multiple offers, but ODU and Wake were often going after the same group of players. YET, Wake Forest's class is 53rd in the nation? Yeah, I'm not buying that.

Again, Georgia Tech's highest rated recruit had 0 P5 offers. They have 0 four stars and ironically every single one of their 27 commits are 3 stars. Many of their commits do not have multiple offers and several of them are only G5 offers.But somehow ALL of their commits are ranked/rated/reevaluated and moved up from a previous ranking. YET, Ga Tech is the 43rd ranked class in the nation?? Not buying that either.

Boise has a better class than 10-12 classes ranked ahead of them, but Boise sits at 55th class in the nation (kind of where the P5 & G5 start merging together in the rankings).

IMO, winning is a mindset regardless if it is force fed to you (P5, particularly lower tiered P5) or if it is something that is developed and set in stone by a tradition of winning (BYU/Boise/Utah (before P5 invite)/Utah State/NIU/etc.). The G5 is being weeded out financially, psychologically and literally.