Pedophile St. Bowling this year!?!?

Yep, that's right. Although they were given a 4 year bowl ban in July, 2012:

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8191027&src=desktop

They are bowling this year.

Emmert is nothing but a paid for lap dog of the P5. Tough sanctions when the political pressure is on, only to back away from them when America turned its attention to other things. Slick move by a paid off lackey.

Remember how a lot of y'all said these sanctions would cripple Pedo St. football for years? Because they were so tough?

2 years later and Pedo St. is bowling.

They should have been given the death penalty, but they just make too much money for that to happen.

Disgusting. I hope we never play them in anything.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Personally I have never agreed with the sanctions put on Penn St. The players did nothing wrong, the fans did nothing wrong. Why punish them. It was a criminal matter that should be left solely to the justice system.

The football program was used to meet, groom, and rape young boys. And when that football program found out about it, they willfully turned their head, told subordinates to do the same, and allowed more young boys to be raped.

In the Penn St Football facilitities.

They should have gotten a 5 year death sentence. Instead, because they make a buttload of money for the Big 10 and the NCAA, they were given a slap on the wrist and sent on their way.

Ya, they did nothing wrong at all...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I guess where we differ is what constitutes a football program. I would argue that the program is the players that play and the fans that watch. The coaches and administrators that allowed this to happen serve them but do not represent them as a whole. Those that commited the crimes should be dealt with in the harshest way the law allows.

Again just my personal view

• Upvote 4

Penn State was screwed on this hands down. It was the the wrong thing to do to the school anyways.

This was a sad decision and hyped that punished tens of thousands of innocents, for the bad deeds of a very few.

I am with HoustonEagle it should have been only those involved in criminal court.

SMU was given the death penalty for "lack of institutional control." That has nothing to do with the players or fans, but the people that run the program.

No bigger example of lack of institutional control than what the Penn St. Prez and Jo Pa did here.

Not to mention it was morally dispicable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I never agreed with SMU's death penalty.

Penn State was a sick deal, and I think Jo Pa got screwed because he was not there to defend himself, I think he deserved more benefit. of a doubt,

Its not like the school promoted the crime.

Its not like the school promoted the crime.

No one promotes child molestation.

They absolutely willfully ignored multiple reports of abuse, choosing to believe someone they knew over an abundance of evidence. Jo Pa was one of the worst offenders.

There is a reason his statue was removed. He was EXTREMELY culpable in protecting a friend and allowing abuse to continue, believing the promise of his friend that the friend would never do it again.

Pretty common tail at very uncommon levels of a state institute.

That's why Sandusky went from heir apparent to sudden retirement. That was his "punishment" by Jo Pa, who ran EVERYTHING football related at that place. But Sandusky was still a friend, so Jo Pa continued to give him access to Penn St. Football facilities where he continued to molest young boys.

And when it was brought up again, Jo Pa again did nothing.

Because Sandusky was his friend. And Jo Pa, who believed his own press that he was a saint, just couldn't admit to himself that he had allowed this to happen.

Denial truly is the strongest human emotion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Whoa. I hope not.

Pretty common tail for what happens in this type of abuse among those married to or friends with the abuser.

Pretty shocking that a football program on the level of Penn St. would ignore mandatory reporting laws for child sex abuse to protect a friend. Alas, they did.

Churches are still the most common offenders among organized groups. You think the Cathloics problems would have cured this, but no.

No one promotes child molestation.

They absolutely willfully ignored multiple reports of abuse, choosing to believe someone they knew over an abundance of evidence. Jo Pa was one of the worst offenders.

There is a reason his statue was removed. He was EXTREMELY culpable in protecting a friend and allowing abuse to continue, believing the promise of his friend that the friend would never do it again.

Pretty common tail at very uncommon levels of a state institute.

That's why Sandusky went from heir apparent to sudden retirement. That was his "punishment" by Jo Pa, who ran EVERYTHING football related at that place. But Sandusky was still a friend, so Jo Pa continued to give him access to Penn St. Football facilities where he continued to molest young boys.

And when it was brought up again, Jo Pa again did nothing.

Because Sandusky was his friend. And Jo Pa, who believed his own press that he was a saint, just couldn't admit to himself that he had allowed this to happen.

Denial truly is the strongest human emotion.

It doesn't sound like you've read a thing about all that went on, because even the most vicious accusers don't describe the events anything like what you do. JoePa never even liked Sandusky, although he respected his coaching ability. And a lot of folks in and out of Penn State respected what they thought was Sandusky's philanthropy.

Pretty common tail

I believe "tale" is the word you're trying to find. "Tail" refers to a rear end.

• Upvote 3

I believe "tale" is the word you're trying to find. "Tail" refers to a rear end.

I wrote the word intentionally...

Ya, Jo Pa didnt like him, that's why he protected him and let him continue to have access to facilities after the first allegation?

It sounds like you have read a lot of what Joe Pa's relatives have said. Relatives interested in protecting a legacy. If Joe Pa didn't like Sandusky, why didnt he follow the law? Why didn't the AD that Joe Pa controlled follow the law?

Joe Pa was a God at that university. If he wanted those allegations investigated, they would have been. If he didnt want them investigated, they weren't going to be.

And they weren't. For years. While others fell victim.

But Pedo St. put $60 million in a fund to pay off the victims, were given "crippling sanctions" for a year, then when the public had moved on, those sanctions were magically eased. How do you think they retained so many players? Surely there was no one being payed under the table. I mean, compared to the other sin of that university, paying players really isn't that big a deal.

Disgusting. I'll never pay to see Pedo St. play anything, even if we were playing them in the national title game. I'd even root for craphole if they were playing each other.

Edited by UNT90

Yeah I was not there and only know what I read, and I can tell you I don't think Jo Pa was guilty, his statue came down because of what 10 years later the school wanted to do all the damage control it could.

Sandusky was the creep here, no one else.

At this point I don't care enough to change my thoughts, Jo Pa has been dead what 4 years.

Yeah I was not there and only know what I read, and I can tell you I don't think Jo Pa was guilty, his statue came down because of what 10 years later the school wanted to do all the damage control it could.

Sandusky was the creep here, no one else.

At this point I don't care enough to change my thoughts, Jo Pa has been dead what 4 years.

Kinda what I'm talking about here. You want to remember him as a good guy, even if he wasn't.

Joe Pa was Penn St. athletics. Thinking he had nothing to do with this is naive.

But again, the main point is money matters. If this had occurred at UNT, Southern Miss, or Rice, the sanctions certainly wouldn't have been eased early and we probably would have gotten the death penalty.

It's all about the cash with the NCAA.

93-98, you know as well as I do that 90 never lets reality get in the way of a good rant. What were you expecting?

Right.

Except back when the "sanctions" were announced, I was just about the lone voice on here saying that the NCAA wouldn't allow a cash cow like Pedophile St. to be severely affected. That was met by people telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and it would take years for Pedo St. to be competitive again.

I guess if by years they meant two of them, I guess they were right.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

This is one of the biggest trollings ever. Most of the loudest critics of Penn State in the press (including those who argued the Death Penalty!), if not everywhere else, have been pulling for the kids that go to school there and are saying how great a story this is.

UNT90 just won't let a good malicious rant go.

• Upvote 4

Malicious rant? Me?

Lol.

By press, do you mean ESPN, the daddy of the NCAA?

Surely they don't have an agenda, right?

Again, the Pedo St. football program looked the other way while pre-teen boys were raped in their facilities by one of their coaches (at first, and them an ex-coach).

Officials at Pedo St. looked the other way and broke the law by failing to report the offense and then committing perjury to protect the football program and themselves.

And Pedo St. and the Pedo St. football program were basically allowed to pay a fine and be on their way.

It's good to know the NCAA puts child rape on the same level as a speeding ticket.

• Downvote 2

Kinda what I'm talking about here. You want to remember him as a good guy, even if he wasn't.

Joe Pa was Penn St. athletics. Thinking he had nothing to do with this is naive.

But again, the main point is money matters. If this had occurred at UNT, Southern Miss, or Rice, the sanctions certainly wouldn't have been eased early and we probably would have gotten the death penalty.

It's all about the cash with the NCAA.

Yeah you know, I think Jo Pa did what he thought he should and what most would have done back then without the luxury of 20/20 hindsight. I believe Jo Pa was a hell of guy actually and bad mouthing him is real easy. I think everything else is BS. If it happened at UNT I would want us to fight it, and send Sandusky to a place he would never see daylight again, maybe the bottom of a fracked oil well so he could rot.

In this case I feel the NCAA should not be involved

I agree with 90. And was surprised to see them in a bowl game so soon. Doesn't seem like they got punished at all?

Rick

Oh they def got punished. I think what you're seeing, for better or worse, is how quickly these top P5 programs can recover and move on from just about anything.

I read years ago - not sure if this is valid anymore or not - that 99% of the NCAA profits come from basketball madness. Is this move by the NCAA to lift the PSU ban a sign that they are apathetic towards the football side of things? Or, another perspective, that football places like Happy Valley and USC do hold a significant role in the NCAA profits?

• Upvote 1

Oh they def got punished. I think what you're seeing, for better or worse, is how quickly these top P5 programs can recover and move on from just about anything.

I read years ago - not sure if this is valid anymore or not - that 99% of the NCAA profits come from basketball madness. Is this move by the NCAA to lift the PSU ban a sign that they are apathetic towards the football side of things? Or, another perspective, that football places like Happy Valley and USC do hold a significant role in the NCAA profits?

As far as "seeming like they never got punished" . . . what looked to be a last resort coaching hire in Bill O'Brien turned out to be a program saving hire. What he did from a coaching perspective is nothing short of amazing. Which is why the NFL noticed and hired him away.

Penn State only had 41 scholarship players on their roster during this last bowl game. What other team would volunteer to go through a season with a roster of only 41 scholarship players? I mean, if it were actually like "they weren't being punished at all," why wouldn't they?

And no one could have predicted how the team would stay together, and how recruits (including the #1 QB and TE commits in the nation) would stay committed to a program facing crippling sanctions. That's not just a "P5 thing"--that's a once-in-forever thing.

As far as why the NCAA has dropped the sanctions--they were facing lawsuits because of overreaching; e-mails indicated that they knew they were overreaching; and they figure they can cover their rear ends by "making it all go away."

• Upvote 2

As far as "seeming like they never got punished" . . . what looked to be a last resort coaching hire in Bill O'Brien turned out to be a program saving hire. What he did from a coaching perspective is nothing short of amazing. Which is why the NFL noticed and hired him away.

Penn State only had 41 scholarship players on their roster during this last bowl game. What other team would volunteer to go through a season with a roster of only 41 scholarship players? I mean, if it were actually like "they weren't being punished at all," why wouldn't they?

And no one could have predicted how the team would stay together, and how recruits (including the #1 QB and TE commits in the nation) would stay committed to a program facing crippling sanctions. That's not just a "P5 thing"--that's a once-in-forever thing.

As far as why the NCAA has dropped the sanctions--they were facing lawsuits because of overreaching; e-mails indicated that they knew they were overreaching; and they figure they can cover their rear ends by "making it all go away."

The AD was indicted for perjury for lying about the abuse of young boys at Pedo St. facilities, and you think the NCAA was overreaching?

Ya, call me a skeptic, but I don't buy the "feel good" story about players staying in school and paying their own way. Pedo St. Alumni showed their colors when they supported a man who supported a child molester. After taking a leap across that moral boundary, the slight step across to pay for an athlete's school (and maybe even more) is child's play, pardon the inappropriate pun.

I think we see Pedo St. continue to be one of the dirtiest programs on college football. They have committed the ultimate sin and been slapped on the wrist for it. Human nature will now unfold before our very eyes.

• Downvote 2

The AD was indicted for perjury for lying about the abuse of young boys at Pedo St. facilities, and you think the NCAA was overreaching?

What I think is immaterial. As is what you think. But the NCAA themselves knew they were overreaching, as did their attorneys.

Ya, call me a skeptic, but I don't buy the "feel good" story about players staying in school and paying their own way.

What are you talking about? Who said anything about former scholarship players paying their own way?

It has been clear that you had a story in your little mind from the beginning, and you won't allow facts to rewrite your own bloodsucking narrative.

• Upvote 1