Mac says McNulty will start but DaJon could play...and more

Harry

Don't get me wrong, what he said rubs me the wrong way. But 99% of what he says strikes me as completely off-the-cuff and not very well thought out. That's a big part of why he repeats himself so often--he hasn't thought of anything new to say, so he just latches onto one of his old clichés. And I really doubt that he has thought through all the implications of everything he says. While I absolutely understand and mostly agree with oldguystudent's reaction to what Coach Mac said, I highly doubt that his intent was to insult stadium donors. Because if that was his intent, it was plain dumb and has no positive ramifications for himself or anybody else.

That wasn't his intent. It was an unforeseen consequence of an explanation that he thought would come off well.

• Upvote 1

This coach does not calculate anything he says in post game interviews. Simply listening to him will tell you that. I really don't think he even calculates his responses even in his radio show. At most he might tell himself the few things he can't say, but Coach sounds like a broken record on crack. He gets in a rhythm of the same mumbo jumbo and just takes off with it. Quite frankly, it's hard to listen to him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5