Genuinely Excited Today, Folks!

I hope this past season and this signing class are the big corner turner many have waited decades to see.

My personal opinion on "turning the corner" is 100% related to attendance. If we see a very large increase in the average attendance for the year moving our avg. game attendance closer to 30K I will answer yes to your question. If we see a sellout for the SMU game I may also say yes but I would still like to see the attend. avg. for the year close to 30 :thumbsu:

When I saw the Chumley signing. Big QB. With all the big receivers. And, the kid OU overlooked at Southmoore because they are scouring the country for tall WRs....

Not just that. But, you add in the bowl win, the hiring of an excellent DL coach, and the suck that SMU and TCU are throwing down in their new conferences....

And, the prospect of new and varied uniforms, the comfort zone of the new facilities....

I hope this past season and this signing class are the big corner turner many have waited decades to see.

And, whatnot.

Thanks, RV!

:thumbsu:

Decades is right!

This program is headed back to Top 25 rankings!

My personal opinion on "turning the corner" is 100% related to attendance. If we see a very large increase in the average attendance for the year moving our avg. game attendance closer to 30K I will answer yes to your question. If we see a sellout for the SMU game I may also say yes but I would still like to see the attend. avg. for the year close to 30 :thumbsu:

My expectation is that the SMU game will be like the NT/SMU game of 10-6-1990 when 22,750 fans crammed themselves into a stadium who's capacity at that time was 20,500. It would have been an even larger SRO game, but the fire Marshall wouldn't allow any more people in (BTW, I never understood that one since it wasn't like the 95% concrete stadium would ever be in any danger of catching fire.)

AND WE WERE A 1-AA PROGRAM!!!!

So, my expectation is SRO for SMU and sell-outs for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

After watching the highlight videos of all these players, I can't help but think we have found several diamonds in the rough. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys become immediate impact players. I can't wait for the upcoming season!

Go Mean Green!

This is where I am on the whole receiver deal. We lose one great and one good receiver.

However, these guys we are signing at WR, what a mix of size and speed! And, the QBs: good prospects from high schools and a JUCO who is talented. Big guys as well.

I love the idea of a big, tall receiver throwing to a big, tall target. And, I'm crazy about a Jalen Adams-type thrown in at Slot.

And, if we use the tight ends in the offense as well? Hot damn, ya'll!

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid our home schedule (FIU, FAU, Nicholls) will keep us from getting near 30K average this season, even with all the other positive stuff.

North Texas has a shot in Austin. Starts with the Dline. Coaching staff has to start putting the pieces together in spring ball. Playing P5 schools like Texas and even Indiana that will be our achilles heel. P5 teams try to pound on the G5 teams on the ground from the get go. If the front 7 doesnt break against the run, then I honestly think we have a legitimate shot. Big if.

Edited by Ben Gooding

I'm afraid our home schedule (FIU, FAU, Nicholls) will keep us from getting near 30K average this season, even with all the other positive stuff.

I think our home attendance will still be 25K.

SMU, Louisiana Tech, and Southern Miss could all very well be sellouts or close. I'm expecting SRO for SMU.

I mean, as long as we can get more than 25K at each game that's successful for us.

I'll only be heading to Austin if we can get cheaper student tickets and a bus there. Not paying $100 for a ticket then $80 round trip for gas. Going to Rice and UTSA either way, however.

If we beat UT, Denton will be nuts for the SMU game.

Edited by meangreener