Canales finalist for Sam Houston HC Job?

kakat10

Still....isn't listing all your "finalist" candidates in a newspaper kinda' bush league?

Usually it's more: Chico Canales has expressed some interest in the SHSU HFC's job and that be it? Rather than......Chico Canales is the finalist among 5 others who SHSU athletic officials were said to want all 5 to meet at the local pub and have a drunk-fest with the last one left standing who will get the job? (I jest)

Maybe I've missed it, but I just don't recall a "public" finalist list for a college head football coaching gig. As always, I stand to be corrected.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Many 'Horn DBs in the NFL coached by Akina...who from this picture appears to be the anti-Mack Brown during games:

gyi0061492596.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Not related, but this photo just reminded me that we need to put the Mean Green Battle Flag on the back of the helmets where they (in the above photo) have the outline of Texas. (We currently on the green helmets, have the Stars and Stripes on the right side of the helmet just above the helmet safety warning fine print, player numbers in the middle and nothing on the left.)

DRC_UNTvsUTEP_14.jpg

Edited by TheWestie
  • Upvote 4

Not related, but this photo just reminded me that we need to put the Mean Green Battle Flag on the back of the helmets where they (in the above photo) have the outline of Texas. (We currently on the green helmets, have the Stars and Stripes on the right side of the helmet just above the helmet safety warning fine print, player numbers in the middle and nothing on the left.)

DRC_UNTvsUTEP_14.jpg

Yep. The 'Horns have a State of Texas outline with a star to show where Austin is. Fine. They can have Austin. We should have a State of Texas, just a State of Texas, to show we own the place!

• Upvote 1

DRC_UNTvsUTEP_14.jpg

That would be all right, I suppose. But IMO, the simpler the helmet, the better. Nothing other than the SOW on either side would be perfect for me.

DRC_UNTvsUTEP_14.jpg

The Outline of Texas is for victories over Texas schools. They place a star "sticker" that represents each of the Texas schools that they beat. They have done this since the beginning of the Big 12. I would add the Texas Flag on it, nothing esle.

Edited by DT 90

Yep. The 'Horns have a State of Texas outline with a star to show where Austin is. Fine. They can have Austin. We should have a State of Texas, just a State of Texas, to show we own the place!

DRC_UNTvsUTEP_14.jpg

great illustration of this being missing btw

Waiting on Coach C's future is killing me. Again, I want what is best for him but at the same time I want him to remain a Mean Green as OC. He handled himself with so much class deciding to stay on with UNT when Coach Mac took over and did a great job as intern coach. I know he is ready to take the next step as HC somewhere...

The Outline of Texas is for victories over Texas schools. They place a star "sticker" that represents each of the Texas schools that they beat. They have done this since the beginning of the Big 12. I would add the Texas Flag on it, nothing esle.

Did not know that!

I have never seen more than one star over Austin, and I know they've beat more than one school in a year in the big 12.

• Upvote 1