C-USA Power Rankings: Week 10

Harry

1. Rice Owls (6-2, 4-0) Last: (W) 45-7 Vs. UTEP, Up Next: @ North Texas, Last Week Rank: #2

Rice is more than deserving of the top spot after winning their fifth straight against UTEP. Taylor McHargue gained needed confidence as he threw for four touchdowns. Charles Ross is back and fully healthy as that is now three games he has gone over the 150 yard rushing mark on the season. Rice has been the hottest team in the C-USA since October started and will end October with the C-USA game of the week. This game will be super close as Rice will try to pound a tough North Texas defense on the ground. I like North Texas at home, their defense will make the key stops though the Owls will come out strong, North Texas will make more plays to win creating an interesting next couple of weeks atop the C-USA west.

AROD's Sharp Pick: North Texas 33 Rice 30

Read more: http://www.minerrush.com/2013/10/30/5044640/conference-usa-power-rankings-week-10

2. Tulane Green Wave (6-2, 4-0) Last: (W) 14-7 Vs. Tulsa, Up Next: FAU, Last Week Rank: #3The Green Wave became bowl eligible for the first time since 2002, and are the feel good story of the 2013 college football season. They kept Trey Watts in check for the most part limiting his big play ability, as safety Sam Scofield was every where making 18 tackles and forcing a fumble.

THIS.... VOO DOO......

Statistically, it hard to imagine how they are 6-2, they rank 100th in rushing and 103rd in the FBS in passing.

Wide receiver Ryan Grant accounts for 700 of the 1507 passing yards by the Green Wave this season, raising his NFL Draft stock in the process. To me this trip to Florida to face the Owls of FAU has upset written all over it. Both teams are physical and Tulane will have to put up points as the Owls have some decent speed out of the backfield.AROD's Sharp Pick: FAU 20 Tulane 17

Raise your hand if you feel good about Tulane.

thought so.

We're just bitter...this season for them kind of reminds me of some of our uglier squeeze-by wins of the early Sun Belt years. Not sure how the wins came, but take them...the big difference is that I hope Tulane's luck with ugly wins runs out at least twice!

• Upvote 1

Some very close games this week just going by the total offense and defense rankings. I'd bet on UNT being a homer, but outside of that I wouldn't bet on a single one.

Rice (Offense 62, Defense 65, Combined 64) @ North Texas (Offense 64, Defense 43, Combined 54)

Tulane (Offense 115, Defense 48, Combined 82) @ FAU (Offense 99, Defense 62, Combined 81)

MTSU (Offense 90, Defense 100, Combined 95) @ UAB (Offense 75, Defense 111, Combined 93)

• Upvote 1