Change to Apogee Student Seating

7travis5

I find it funny that some of the students think they "cannot" be moved. They will sell these as SEASON tickets and those left unsold will be sold to the walk up crowd on game day. The seats will be ASSIGNED, not GA. This whole policy sucks, but don't create another issue by being stubborn.

If they are sold at game day, why arnt season ticket holders able to choose their seats, that's my question???

The sun belt is one of the only conferences that allows the students to sit behind the bench. Every other conference has them in the corner.

• Upvote 1

Why don't they just turn this in to premium "student" seating where tickets are made available to students for very cheap...say $30 or so for the season, but they're technically just buying other seats rather than getting student tickets. Eventually we should get to a point where 1,200 students are willin to pay $5 a game for the good seats.

• Upvote 5

I find it funny that some of the students think they "cannot" be moved. They will sell these as SEASON tickets and those left unsold will be sold to the walk up crowd on game day. The seats will be ASSIGNED, not GA. This whole policy sucks, but don't create another issue by being stubborn.

Because they're smack dab in the middle of the student section...students are just going to sit here in overflow. Not to mention the NT40 and the Talons are in these sections.

This is going to be a disaster. And the band.

We've already hit overflow for student seats and are on a record pace.

I would pay for those better seats.

Edited by meangreener

Why don't they just turn this in to premium "student" seating where tickets are made available to students for very cheap...say $30 or so for the season, but they're technically just buying other seats rather than getting student tickets. Eventually we should get to a point where 1,200 students are willin to pay $5 a game for the good seats.

I'm a student and I support this. So, I think my vote should count twice since it would affect me. Sign me up!!!

-- Stephen

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My biggest issue with how the school is handeling this is that they aren't telling this to the students. It doesn't mention anywhere on any website, other than the seating chart, that there has been a change to the seating. The students can be stubborn at times, so I think to ease things over they could explain what they are doing and why they are doing it. Instead, many of the students are going to find this out tomorrow, one way or another, and it won't be smooth.

• Upvote 1

Dr Seuss, im confused. Im a young alum season ticket holder but I got to pick my exact seat and section and I chose the alumni side 205. Not sure what you mean saying you didnt get to choose.

If you wanted the young alumni section you did not get to choose your seat. If you wanted to sit on the alumni side you were able to. I was told the Young Alumni section was GA. I'm still a student at heart so I wanted to sit over there, I like to stand and not get yelled at

My biggest issue with how the school is handeling this is that they aren't telling this to the students. It doesn't mention anywhere on any website, other than the seating chart, that there has been a change to the seating. The students can be stubborn at times, so I think to ease things over they could explain what they are doing and why they are doing it. Instead, many of the students are going to find this out tomorrow, one way or another, and it won't be smooth.

This is my issue.

Frankly, due to NT40 and Talons, I think it'll end up being one huge mishmash of young alumni/students. Which is cool...frankly, the young students annoy me as I get older.

• Upvote 1