Hubbard leaves UNT softball program

Harry

I wonder what real story is. I know he wasn't most popular guy with local club teams (they never felt like he took enough local kids - but his job is to win and not just take local kids) but he did an adequate job with the program. UNT should be able to get a good coach. Great local talent base and only one other division one program in area (SMU and TCU don't field teams).

• Upvote 1

I wonder what real story is. I know he wasn't most popular guy with local club teams (they never felt like he took enough local kids - but his job is to win and not just take local kids) but he did an adequate job with the program. UNT should be able to get a good coach. Great local talent base and only one other division one program in area (SMU and TCU don't field teams).

I was told that it was for personal and family reasons. Moving back to Oklahoma to work in the family business for awhile and spend more time with wife and kids. Understandable...being a D1 HC in any sport can be a stressful and very time consuming endeavor.

Coach Hubbard did a good job in moving the program forward, and has laid a great foundation for UNT's next HC.

• Upvote 1

I was told that it was for personal and family reasons. Moving back to Oklahoma to work in the family business for awhile and spend more time with wife and kids. Understandable...being a D1 HC in any sport can be a stressful and very time consuming endeavor.

Coach Hubbard did a good job in moving the program forward, and has laid a great foundation for UNT's next HC.

If that's the case, I'm happy for him. I was hoping it wasn't health issues or something along those lines. I agree he laid a good foundation and the program is in good shape.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So much for the family biz.

Nope...not so much....still for the family...if you actually care...PM me...no need talking anymore about it here...folks here donn't really care what the truth is and wouldn't know it if it hit the right between the eyes. :-)